[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this real? They have an FB page, and are advertising heavily.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

File: dfhf.jpg (314KB, 1364x2048px) Image search: [Google]
dfhf.jpg
314KB, 1364x2048px
Is this real? They have an FB page, and are advertising heavily.
>>
>>61180163
>device sends ads to every Android phone nearby with the push of a button

SUPERIOR SMARTPHONE PLATFORM
>>
I became kinda curious.
>>
>>61180163
I don't see how it could push an advertisement without connecting to your device.

Sounds like bullshit tbqh
>>
PAJEETS WILL ROAM THE STREETS LIKE ZOMBIES, SHITTING ON THE ROADS AND CLICKING THEIR AD BUTTONS
>>
>>61180222
Right? The children here will sperg out nonetheless.
>>
>>61180222
Built-in botnet advertisement backdoor.

Bluetooth is the most likely option.
>>
>>61180284
nfc too
>>
Uses Google nearby whatever that is and Bluetooth. I watched as video on their site
>>
Hmmm
https://youtu.be/gOA7kz98www
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-01-22-09-07.png (145KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-01-22-09-07.png
145KB, 540x960px
Fuck this
>>
>>61180284
>>61180313
nfc is <30cm
Bluetooth is the only thing I can think of and it's going to probably be a pairing request with a url as a device name.

Stupid as fuck
>>
>>61180352
couldn;t watch more that 5 seconds of that.
>>
Yes, it's bluetooth. It's basically abusing the broadcasting feature. This isn't a new concept.

Most devices would ignore it anyways, btw.
>>
>>61180163
Is it user programmable? I can think of some great evil uses for that.
>>
>>61180222
Pay for app developers to add your library or backdoor commonly used framework/library to have your adware in it.
>>
>>61180403
What physically prevents NFC from working beyond 30cm? Like can't you just use directional antenna with high gain to get far beyond that? Or is that just RFID?
>>
>>61181558
you will need to pay a lot of app developers and they would need to have a successful enough app for lots of people to download it.

don;t think they would want to give a successful app up just to let someone backdoor it.

>>61181574
the trick is in the name anon.
>>
>>61181584
>the trick is in the name anon.
So if I create my new encryption called "YouCanNotCrackThis" then no one can crack it?

What actually prevents it from working? It's fine if you don't know.
>>
>>61181574
>near field communications
>>
>>61181607
So what makes "near field" not be able to act from far other than name?
>>
>>61181628
it uses an electromagnetic field
>>
>>61181638
And why can you not generate field that reaches further than 30cm? What is physically preventing you?
>>
>>61181655
at that point use bluetooth or wifi
not even power to drive such a function
>>
>>61181673
>at that point use bluetooth or wifi
That wasn't even the topic of discussion.

Again why can we not interact with the magnetic field from further than 30cm?

>not even power to drive such a function

In the world? Or are you saying the phone doesn't have the power? But we are not trying to get the phone to do it. We are just trying to read the field created by the phone with external antenna that could be powered with a car battery for all I care, right?
>>
File: IMG_4688.jpg (36KB, 398x517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4688.jpg
36KB, 398x517px
>>61181748
>>
>>61181759
I know that logic is hard for you niggers, but I'm sorry it melted your face.
>>
>>61181748
You are very special aren't you ?
>>
>>61181825
Why do you keep insulting him?
>>
>>61181825
You keep saying that, yet you still haven't actually explained why NFC can not work beyond this arbitrary 30cm (even though all the specs I've found so far say that absolute max is 10, but whatever)
>>
>>61181842
By design you fucking pajeet shitskin
>>
>>61181842
If I had to take a guess is that it would require some back and forth. So even if one device was capable of throwing a signal super far, if the other one couldn't there wouldn't be a connection. Or maybe its a problem of spectrum and signal degradation. I honestly don't know.
>>
>>61181861
You still aren't answering his question. He's not even being rude, he's genuinely curious about how it works and you're just giving him a "it works because it works" answer. If you don't know the answer, then just say so.
>>
>>61180163
How can I block those fuckers?

I'm seriously thinking about blocking nauthorized wifi/bluetooth devices now.
>>
obviously any device capable of receiving such an advertisement would need voluntarily installed software on it. android isn't that insecure...
>>
>>61181831
He's too dumb for /g/.
We can't be expected to explain to toddlers.
>>
>>61181862
But if you have high power transmitter and high gain antenna couldn't you interact from way further than 30cm. Maybe not 100 yards, but maybe like 10-15?
>>
>>61181842
NFC is a standard - ISO/IEC 14443. So basically it's outlined to work that way, the manufactures follow the guidelines to make the device compatible.
You can build a device that can transmit/recieve on 13.56Mhz with variable power output(Range depends on power, frequency and antenna design), but you might be breaking local law.
>>
>>61181971
Or maybe, just maybe, you have no idea what you are talking about. You are literally just going based on the name of the tech with nothing backing yourself up.

You make it sound like this is the most obvious shit, but you still can not explain it.
>>
>>61180163
>/pol/ack gets one
>goes to a BLM protest
>sends "dumb niggers" to every smartphone within 100 yards
>>
>>61181982
>you might be breaking local law.

I'm not concerned about legality just technical possibility.
>>
>>61180352
Can you give me the rundown?

That guy's voice is annoying as fuck and I couldn't listen to more than 10 seconds
>>
>>61180368
>Near-ultrasonic
Fuck
>>
>>61180163
Kinda.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddystone_(Google)
I'm not sure most devices even display the messages though.
You can buy these for less than $10.
>>
>>61181995
Ok well if you've read about NFC as anyone would assume you would before asking questions about the details of it. NFC has two sides to it. An NFC communication has an initiator and a passive side to it (the passive side is powered by the RF field the initiator generates). If you try to use NFC outside the specified range you probably won't have a passive side response strong enough to power the device. But it depends on the device. In theory you can reach 20cm as anon mentioned according to spec but that's a stretch. But for this application where you'd have a single device communicating with multiple devices it's not going to work because even if you manage to reach them all and pretend you're a passive device (there's no way you're a passive device at this range) you'd still have to make sure they can send whatever the equivalent to an ACK is in NFC. Which they won't. They're just cellphones. They don't have that reach.

And at that power you might power their passive NFC devices so if you could somehow make only one device respond to your signal you'd still be completely foiled by a stupid bus card being in the vicinity.

It's just not feasible at all to do communications like this. NFC fucks up if you happen to have two passive NFC tags close to each other when trying to read because they both try to modulate the signal and it comes out scrambled.
>>
>>61180222
my guess: it works like an IMSI-catcher: interception of the control signal between cellphone and base station (it's radio traffic, after all).
>>
>>61182179
So NFC has no identity in it? You are just reading data and hoping it's the right device?
>>
File: pyramid.jpg (53KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid.jpg
53KB, 480x360px
Nevermind, it's just a pyramid scheme scam.
>>
>>61182232
Yeah. It's not considered secure at all. Any 'security' comes from the proximity requirements. That seems to be something like 4cm on smartphones. After googling.

If you have a phone you can copy NFC key cards no problem. I've done it. Works great. Let's me get rid of the card and just use my phone.

But most NFC communication isn't used for purposes where the data is super secret. Tags are mostly for your convenience. When you want a link and not take a picture of a qr code. If you want a tag sticker in your home to enable certain settings on your phone by just swiping.

They're used for payment but that's usually in situations where even 30cm of mitm attacks would be hard to do. And realistically they could make the data sent be very temporal information. But I haven't checked what they actually send.
>>
>>61182023
>hurr duhr my technical stuff
>doesn't know shit about physics
Kill yourself? Now.
>>
>>61182023

I'm sorry no one is answering your simple question. I don't know the answer myself, to be honest, but I assumed it was because NFC uses electromagnetic induction. Magnetic field strength drops off very quickly with distance. I think it obeys the inverse-cube law, if I remember correctly. So that may be one reason that NFC is prevented by the laws of physics from working at much greater distances. You could amplify the transmission signal but you would need a ton of power - probably more than you can draw from a smartphone - to generate an EM field larger than a few inches.

I'm not sure if that's even correct but I just hated that no one was actually answering you so I thought I'd give it a shot. /g/ is retarded sometimes
>>
File: 12c.jpg (33KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
12c.jpg
33KB, 576x432px
>>61180368
I swear to god if it becomes some kind of commonplace shit that Android phones starts allowing random messages/notifications/ads being sent to my phone just cause some cunt in a van has a "Nearby Messages" box in his car and is paying a monthly fee to Google, I will switch to Apple everything and never look back.
>>
>>61180163
>Promote your business
Are they serious? Most people would just see that shit as spam and delete/ignore it
>>
>>61182345
Yeah like we at appel won't introduce it somehow if it will ever make money on android, off, what are we, barbarian copy man?
>>
>>61182314
Expect it was already confirmed (in this same thread) that it is technically feasible to communicate over greater distance.

How does it feel like to be this pleb?
>>
>>61182456
Based jontron
>>
>>61181598
if you know how an AC transformer works it's a bit like that
the primary is the phone and it induces a current in the secondary (the NFC thing)
wouldn't work with a big gap
>>
>>61181748
Are you retarded? NFC is NFC not only because of power use but also because what device connects to what. The whole point of it is tap and go so you can use it for very specific instances like paying or getting a url for a webpage.
>>
>>61182016
Black people mostly use iPhones
>>
>>61181748
>>61182023
https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/44037/why-is-near-field-communication-nfc-range-limited-to-about-20cm
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/154295/nfc-reader-long-range-antenna
>>
>>61182284
>But most NFC communication isn't used for purposes where the data is super secret
Not him but I use a bus travel card that I top up with my debit card. I was going to top up a card for a friend when I saw that the app didn't know any of my card details, I can only assume that this means my card details are stored on a third party NFC card. I need to test it further but this strikes me as secure as a child gate.
>>61182332
>I just hated that no one was actually answering you so I thought I'd give it a shot. /g/ is retarded sometimes
This. It was the equivalent of someone saying "I know the answer but I'm not telling you" which really makes me think they don't understand NFC.
>>
File: 1426323257891.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1426323257891.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>>61180368
So basically they found an elaborate way of dancing around Bluetooth's pairing procedure.
And nobody is worried about the substantial security risk that imposes? That shit is basically getting access to your device.
>>
>>61183270
>I need to test it further but this strikes me as secure as a child gate.
He is misled, NFC cards can be fairly secure with a secret key stored on the card and communications encrypted by that key.
>>
>>61183387
Regardless, it was not stated anywhere in the app that I'd be storing my card details on a third party card, I had assumed that my phone was going to be handling my card details.
>>
>>61180222
https://developers.google.com/nearby/

Nearby Notifications is an Android feature which enables contextual discovery. Associate your website or app with a beacon and devices nearby will display the message in the Nearby section of Google Settings, light up the Nearby Quick Settings tile on supported devices, and promote messages that perform well as notifications.
>>
So, install lineage and disable it.
>>
>>61183491
That still requires people to install an application.
>>
>>61183509
https://developers.google.com/nearby/notifications/overview

>Neither experience requires that an app is installed on the user's device.
>>
File: 1343482226836.jpg (14KB, 225x223px) Image search: [Google]
1343482226836.jpg
14KB, 225x223px
>>61180163
Ive seen these talked about on a tech program a few months back. Of bluetooth or nfc i cant remember which is turned on itll ping your device with an advert

>mfw retards leave these things on
>>
Come on guys! It's fun to walk into a store and instantaniously receiving a notification which allows you to visit the store's website. An ad or two won't kill you, they keep the Internet alive!
>>
>>61183270
>I can only assume that this means my card details are stored on a third party NFC card.
You have no idea huh.

The NFC card is basically just a id. The reader sends a signal, the card sends back its id(like a card number) with a key to prove that it is that card.

The rest is handled by the reader, it checks your account balance in the database. They probably saved your card info there too, but definitely NOT on the card.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_low_energy_beacon
>>
>>61183548

Nice try Mr. Shekelstein, you're not fooling me.
>>
>>61180163
this is real. it utilizes the nearby feature.

If you own a Nexus/Pixel device you even have a shortcut to look for nearby anything in your quick settings.

I first noticed this at a mall. I walked by a shop and they told me pantyhose was on sale.

i was surprised that they even knew my interests/fetishes and to know to target me with ads for women's lingerie.
>>
File: 1498655608175.jpg (19KB, 488x325px) Image search: [Google]
1498655608175.jpg
19KB, 488x325px
>company bases its entire business model through advertising nearby to smartphones using vulnerability
>phones you are abusing developed by rival advertising company
>google patches vulnerability and aidsserbia goes bust
>>
>>61183491
But this is disabled by default.
At least on my Samsung, LG, HTC and Huawei phones. Maybe it's enabled on Pixel? I don't know.
>>
>>61180352
>I was failing
>so I called up the people making the big money in this company
>They gave me zero advice
>I knew if they were making company there'd have to be a way I'd make money

how about you think for a second and citically evaluate this company entire business model. I swear if people on MLM scams actually put their mind to making an actual product or selling an actual product or getting into an actual business where you provide a service or product to someone they would be successful because they have some crazy koolaid induced drive to sell shit, if only they weren't screwing over their friends and family in the process, is self destructing behavior simply more ingrained in humans?
>>
File: lmao.jpg (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
20KB, 200x200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOA7kz98www

im fucking dying
>>
im a GIS master's student. we have learned about this in our "location based services" class. at the moment it's a pretty big meme but it is one that big companies are researching.

right now phone firmware companies will find the exploits that are being used to deliver the ads. but that will not stop companies like asirvia from partnering up with other apps that people download and push the ads from there. basically the asirvia needs a willing vector into the phone. this could be a way for app developers to make money off of otherwise "free" apps

think like you are within 100m of a mcdonalds and you get a QR code coupon good for one hour to get a 50% discount on something. the ad is actually being delivered to you through your meme fitness app or some shit.

you may laugh but think about stuff like groupon - people will pay to sign up for services if they think they can get location-based deals forwarded to them.
>>
>track signal
>beat up pajeet
>>
>>61182456
This nearby thing supports iOS too

https://developers.google.com/nearby/developer-guidelines
>>
File: they are watching.png (719KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
they are watching.png
719KB, 780x433px
Another spying technology by Google Botnet.
The Nearby thing isn't one-way communication. It relies on two Bluetooth devices to knowing about each other, then the beacon can push something to you, that your phone will use to query specific resource from Bootnet's server, and feed you with an ad.
In the end everyone wins, but you. The advertiser delivers an ad to you, the Botnet know when and where you have been.
It's not "they spy on my through my phone" anymore, it's "the phone spies on me".
And it's not that they couldn't do this in a better way, if they wanted. If they wanted that, they would implement it as the client being mere observer, not having to announce own presence, just sniffing on the digital ads in the air.
>>
>>61181977
Yeah, there's a chance you'll fry any NFC chip you get too close too though. Basically both components need a magnetically induced voltage within a certain range. If you use a big antenna and a big transformer, your antenna will generate a very large magnetic field. If the NFC chip you're trying to communicate is hit with too much of it, then it probably would drive too much current through the chip's antenna and the chip would be dead.

What you're suggesting is more like an NFC microwave gun than a long range antenna
>>
This is fucking beautiful
>Don’t surprise the user. Require the user to perform an explicit action (a button tap, going to a section in your app, a special switch, etc) to activate Nearby.

had no idea android supported this kind of nearby shit
brb writing an anti nearby-shit-ad blocker app with ads in it ofcourse
probably gonna hit of in a year or two if I place it on the store today
>>
>>61183578
most implementations store balance on the card, for asynchronous processing purposes. there's a detailed analysis at ttp://euro.ecom.cmu.edu/resources/elibrary/epay/OctopusSecurity.pdf
>>
>people still don't believe iOS is the best.
>>
>>61187683
see
>>61186076
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.