[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

text editors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dd3.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dd3.png
143KB, 600x600px
is using vim/emacs in 2017 considered neckbeard-tier?

Conversely, is using Atom/Sublime considered pleb-tier?

>t. fag who cares too much about what his peers think

What'd make me the most productive, /g/
>>
try them all and see for yourself
>>
>>61179308

Text editors are text editors. Use what allows you to edit text. You don't need many features more than search and replace. (If you do, just create a script for it.) Whatever works in your work environment is good. If you can get something fancy, that's just a bonus.
>>
>>61179308
Ed is the standard text editor.
>>
It doesn't matter just fucking use what you want. It's literally that simple.
>>
Try the ones that interest you and use the one that fits best. Don't fall for /g/ memes like you aren't a real programmer if you're using vim.
>>
Will try to play with emacs/vim in the future.

So far, i have used notepad++, sublime text, brackets, atom, visual studio code web based text editors and many others.

I returned to Sublime Text every time. These electron based text editors are fucking SHIT, as they usually take too much time to open up, crash often and they are super laggy. Try to open a minified js file and you're fucked to the point of having to use the task manager.

Sublime has never disappointed
>>
All I know is that I'm the only one at my work who can do large-scale refactors of the entire codebase
>>
>>61179308
Notepad++
The only non normie non autistic solution to all your text based needs
Also drumph approved
>>
Vim. Macros are a dream.
>>
just use nano-tiny
>>
>>61179342
/thread
>>
>>61179308
Sublime has solarized built in. Converted me quick
>>
>>61179308
It depends on what you need from a text editor.
Want to learn web? Brackets are great. They have so many useful features for a newbie!
Though they are really shitty when you working with big files so as Atom. Also, they all are shitty TEXT editors.
I use Emacs because it can do anything any modern text editor can do and because it has Tetris built in. Emacs has an enormous learning curve and if I wasn't so autistic I wouldn't learn it. It hasn't got that much impact on my productivity I just like to use it.
>>
Visual studio code all the way. My productivity increased immensely. Sublime never did it for me and atom for some reason was slow and not really what I was looking for.

>>61184188
> Want to learn web? Brackets are great.

Second this. Brackets is great for anyone starting.
>>
>>61179308
The main advantage of vim/emacs over Sublime and the similar that they can run without GUI it's very useful for ssh, adb shell, etc, also vi is a part of POSIX and it's installed by default on the majority of UNIX and UNIX-like systems. Vim keys are also a sort of standard in Linux for example in less, etc.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.