[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are startups full of hipsters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ruby.png (122KB, 208x300px) Image search: [Google]
ruby.png
122KB, 208x300px
Hipsters that,
>Use slacks to post reddit memes
>are Ruby on rails coders
>attend microbreweries and meetups to discuss hipster tech stacks that will go out of date in 6-months
>don't know basic OOP concepts
>don't know Data Structures/Algorithms
>don't have degrees, but won't hire you because you don't their tech stack, despite your knowledge in data structures/algorithms
>pretentious and think they're smarter than everyone else

What gives? These guys are everywhere in my city. I cannot get hired by any startup cause all these hipsters want X years of experience in the latest tech stacks. How are these guys even hired? They barely even know how to code (and implicitly admit it through their github accounts and tech talks).
>>
Category of people you call "Hipsters" fall into a larger category of people who'd like to reap the benefits without doing any hard work.
Startup gives them chance at being bought/sponsored/funded by a large corporation. The rest just dies out.
>>
>>61171653
Understandable. It makes me mad that none of them will hire me. Half of them don't have degrees it seems (I do) and they look down on me when I tell them "No, I don't have experience in your tech stack" -- despite having strong foundations in Computer Science. They seem to think "Well, if you don't know Ruby on Rails, then there isn't any way you can be a good coder!" (while ignoring the fact you may know haskell/java/python etc).

Additionally, if I try to talk foundational topics with them (like algorithm analysis of their code or what have you) they say that isn't necessary to know.

So, what that tells me is bootcamp graduates are more qualified than I am. One engineer admitted his programmers can barely code. They just have a "hacker" mentality and like to get things barely working. No idea why I put so much time and effort into studying hardcore theory in CS and put tons and tons of practical coding time into side projects etc. just to have every startup in my city say "No we can't hire you because you don't know X" (where X is different from each company and some tech fad).

Literally a sophomore computer science student knows more CS than these guys do.
>>
what do rails start ups make?
>>
Stop applying to hipster startups, pretty easy fix.
>>
>>61171545
ask Jordan Peterson.
hipsters are Leftists, they arent conservative.
they dont mind taking risks, being unorthodox, and trying something new.
>>
>>61171545
Bootcamps are fucking cancer.
>>
>>61171545
>How are these guys even hired?

They are the ones who made the startups. Now they want someone who will get shit done.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.