[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO CREATE A BOOT DRIVE WITH ARCH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: FUCKINGWHY.jpg (37KB, 409x302px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKINGWHY.jpg
37KB, 409x302px
Bloody fuck i just want to download windows 10 iso file and make it bootable. Why the fuck does it have to be overcomplicated to the ass with Arch?

>Downloads so called windows 10.iso
>Launches
>Its some gay fucking disc burner
whatever, i bet it stil works for usb
>fuckingdoesntworkforusb

>looks internet tutorial slightly tilted
>all for downloading some gay fucking windows 7

>Not having windows computer, nor will be able to use one until at work monday

Who the fuck designed this shit?
>>
>>61159679
man 1p dd
>>
>>61159679
>Why the fuck does it have to be overcomplicated to the ass with Arch?
So you could feel superior to other neckbeards who prefer simpler solutions.
>>
>>61159727
Its inconvenient and gay
>>
How the ISO is handled when "launched" is dependent entirely on your DE, Arch takes no part in that.

>>61159695
Windows 10 isos are such pieces of shit that a simple dd just won't do.

>>61159679
winusb from AUR. Can also be done manually, but you since you can't even find the proper guides I doubt you'd be able to follow them.
>>
>>61159679
You fucking tard.

You do realize that you can create an .iso with the Windows 10 media creation tool, the Microsoft program that writes bootable isos for Windows 10.

You can select "live flashdrive iso" or "clean install".

Choose the iso creator.

I can't remember everything exactly but I did it to run it in a virtual machine.
>>
>>61159807
woeusb proved to work better for me a few days ago when I had to create W7 install disk.
But since OP is obviously mentally handicapped and/or trolling, this makes little difference.
>>
>>61159807
i'm pretty sure i dd'd some windows 7 iso to an usb drive a few years ago
>>
syslinux
>>
>>61159854
you just download the installer, plug in your usb stick, select your language, select your drive, and it downloads and installs the ISO
>>
>>61160096
Perhaps a simple dd will work if you don't need it to be UEFI bootable.

>>61160063
Good to know, I'll keep woeusb in mind
>>
>>61159679
>Unpack the files in target location
>Mark drive/partition as bootable through your terminal
Last time I did that was my last interaction with gahnoo loonix. That'd be four years ago.
>>
>>61160139
Too bad brasero never bloody works.
It cant even find my discs
>>
>>61160466
I use Brasero all of the time and it just works. For Linux ISO's I use SUSE Studio Imagewriter, mainly because I'm ascared of dd.
>>
File: 1498157032633.gif (2MB, 345x258px) Image search: [Google]
1498157032633.gif
2MB, 345x258px
>>61159679
>Arch
Should've installed Debian. It just works.
>>
>Just format the usb as fat32
>Copy iso content to drive
>UEFI boot that shit
>???
>Profit!
How can you fuck up one of the most easiest task out there?
>>61160151
Actually, you need a nt60 bootloader mbr in the usb if you want to boot in legacy/bios mode, uefi just need a fat32 drive with the files inside.
>>
>>61159679
Just use YUMI you retard
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.