[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/uys im trying to learn python. any tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: python.jpg (6KB, 273x184px) Image search: [Google]
python.jpg
6KB, 273x184px
/g/uys im trying to learn python. any tips?
>>
File: you.png (9KB, 454x340px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
9KB, 454x340px
>>61147639
Learn Ruby, then take a shotgun to your face.

Sobriety aside, read "How to automate the boring stuff with Python."
>>
>>61147639
fucking kill you're self
>>
>>61147639
Check out the documentation, don't be a cuck.
>>
>>61147696

https://automatetheboringstuff.com/
>>
why does it take me two days just to fail at the first assignment in the book(collatz squence)?
>>
C is for brainlets.
>>
>>61147639
Don't. I learned it as my first language. Boy was that a mistake.
>>
>>61149673
care to explain why?
>>
>>61149698
he probably didnt install gentoo
>>
f o r c e d i n d e n t a t i o n o f c o d e
>>
Learn some real language first. Then u can use python if u want for scripting.

Or if u really dont care learn how to program go with python.
>>
>>61149698
He got used to programming being easy and fun.
>>
>>61149698
For me it didn't accomplish at all what I wanted to do. It is GREAT if it's just going to be a tool and you don't want to learn the inner workings of programming. It isn't so great if you want to really immerse yourself into the world of programming. It abstracts a lot of important details for ease of use.

That being said, it has its place. Just think of what your goal(s) is and see if this will get you there.
>>
>>61149698
It's "weakly typed", so you can put anything into any variable. This means that the text editor can't tell what's in a variable, and it won't give you any hints about how to use your libraries or tell you that your code is invalid. The Python syntax looks easy but it requires the programmer to know more about the libraries and codebase in advance.
>>
>>61149710
>he thinks this is a bad thing
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.