[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOONUX HAS BEEN COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: frog.jpg (91KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
91KB, 657x527px
"Today, June 29th 2017, WikiLeaks publishes documents from the OutlawCountry project of the CIA that targets computers running the Linux operating system. OutlawCountry allows for the redirection of all outbound network traffic on the target computer to CIA controlled machines for ex- and infiltration purposes. The malware consists of a kernel module that creates a hidden netfilter table on a Linux target; with knowledge of the table name, an operator can create rules that take precedence over existing netfilter/iptables rules and are concealed from an user or even system administrator."

LOONIXFAGS ARE ON INDEFINITE SUICIDE WATCH AS OF NOW.
>>
>>61147498
t. pajeet defending the latest windows exploit
>>
>>61147498
>The installation and persistence method of the malware is not described in detail in the document; an operator will have to rely on the available CIA exploits and backdoors to inject the kernel module into a target operating system. OutlawCountry v1.0 contains one kernel module for 64-bit CentOS/RHEL 6.x; this module will only work with default kernels. Also, OutlawCountry v1.0 only supports adding covert DNAT rules to the PREROUTING chain.

>No actual major exploit is used by the malware
>this module will only work with default kernels
so literally nothing
>>
Wtf one exploit meanwhile windows is literally designed for surveillance
>>
>>61147524
not only that, but default kernels on enterprise Linux.
>>
Well.... I think Linux in overall is too complex and "broken" and doubt there is even a need for hidden kernel module, especially if the distro runs systemd.

other than that, I still rather run linux than windows or osx when I surf the internet.
>>
>>61147560
So debian or arch linux is immune to this
>>
I'm sure that the nsa, cia, fbi, and any other agency, have multiple exploits for the linux kernel.
>>
>>61147498
lsmod | grep nf_table
Returns nothing
>>
>>61147498
That doesn't describe an exploit. You still have to gain root in the target to install it.
>>
File: 1489300964406.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489300964406.png
127KB, 601x508px
WHAT ABOUT UBUNRU? I like linux but too dumb to go any higher.
>>
>>61147539
this

linux is huge open source thing, of course theres gonna be some shit that has made it through undetected. Windows and macOS on the other hand are literally a software version of the telescreens in 1984.
>>
F
>>
File: 4L_GiWGpe15.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
4L_GiWGpe15.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>only affects red hat derivatives aka poetteringware
so basically it only affects morons, nothing of value was lost
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.