[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our identity of a subculture is based on the sharing of meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1497811773370.png (266KB, 846x569px) Image search: [Google]
1497811773370.png
266KB, 846x569px
Our identity of a subculture is based on the sharing of meme images and trolling. And yet we come on here for legitimate tech advice and to promote our own agendas and technology. Thus much like the turing test real honest human response is indistinguishable from dishonest or fallacious blather.

So at what point does the technical advice stop becoming real and at what point does the real technical advice start.

Clearly there is learning done here as people pick up on new technology but how is that learning done? How does each one of us distinguish between the bullshit and the nuggets of corn?

Can any value at all be gained from /g/ or is it all falsehood?
>>
>>61145308
You have to learn to filter content when using this site, without discarding opinions that contradict yours.
It is not a very efficient way to obtain information, but at least ego stroking is kept to minimum here.
>>
/g/ regularly tells people to buy shitty laptops from 2010 that have a 1366x768 6bpc dithered IPS screen because MUH MILITARY GRADE or something. Going to /g/ for tech advice is beyond retarded.
>>
>>61145308
You should lurk moar
>>
>>61145948
If you are on a budget, the 2011-2012 models still btfo newer expensive laptops regularly.
>>
Tasty pasta
>>
>>61145989
BTFO how? By being loud, nosiy, heavy pieces of shit? The screens are awful, the plastic used in the keyboard not only flexes but also starts to wear after months of use, and the most people don't care about performance on a fucking laptop past daily use cases such as browsing the web, watching HD video, and multitasking.

That's another problem /g/ has. It's all about MUH BENCHMARKS. It's inconceivable that you would buy a slightly slower computer that's far better in literally every other regard.
>>
>>61145842
This
/G/ is very toxic in the form of derails shit posters and types like that. But it's not like any other tech community in the way that it's not very circle jerky. if your here for raw headlines and info fuck off nig, if your here for discussion of tech with people whom you disagree, and some shit posting, /g/ is a decent place desu
>>
/g/ is in the drain thanks to /pol/ raids
>>
Generally a smart person can see through bullshit.
But in case you don't manage to because you don't know the field enough for instance it's very dangerous to accept wrong information. Luckily I think people take information from here with a grain of salt compared to what they learn in university. Which is often also wrong mind you. You have academics teaching students software development for instance. The amount of garbage that comes from that is a lot and people stand by it because they learned it from a source they deem reputable.

And scarily enough university is for people who don't know anything. But in general I feel unreliable sources isn't that big a problem as long as you understand them for what they are.
>>
>>61146142
Just ingore /pol/ posters and anything about
>OMG LE JEWS ARE LE DESTORYING LE TECH I NEED LE NAZI FROG
Not very hard to spot one
>>
>>61146045
I'm talking about the 2560p/2570p with quad core standard wattage CPUs(no ulv shit), full metal construction, almost every part is repairable, tanks, egpu support, multiple drives, ultraportable. Mediocre screen though.
Then there are t420,x220,t430 and x230 that too btfo modern thinkpads in terms of raw performance. Those are built like tanks too, albeit not as solid as elitebooks. Their trackpoint and keyboard are God tier.

The last few generation of Intel mobile CPUs haven't shown any significant improvement as far as performance is considered. They are only made a bit optimised/efficient and igpu is improved. This combined with the fact they cost only around 200$, they are 100X better than the normie trash people normies buy
>>
>>61146189
Well they shit up most threads with their paranoia and psyops.
>>
>>61146219
>implying
/pol/ and /x/ merely adopted paranoia. /g/ was born in it, molded by it.
>>
>>61145308
>And yet we come on here for legitimate tech advice and to promote our own agendas and technology.
anyone who does this should killl themselves.
>>
You can definitely learn a lot. Especially more fringe stuff, that people arent brave enough to say in other places.

One problem is, many decent trolls will gear more towards advising people than trolling the victim directly.

>>61145948
>>61146045
This is a example of a troll. Going for a easy target, something very popular on /g/ for good reason.

>>61146204
He takes the bait once again. He admits the faults and tried to argue. Example of someone giving actual, and pretty decent advice.

He's not arguing to convince his opponent. He's arguing to convince those who are actually looking for advice.
>>
File: 00021what.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
00021what.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>61146204
>>61146596
>This is a example of a troll.
This is an example of an idiot. You can tell he blindly follows what's popular on his boards of choice, and gets easily offended when someone doesn't agree with his hugbox opinions.
You realize the T410 LITERALLY has a fucking STATIC dithered 6-bit screen, right? If you honestly defend shit like keyboard flex, shitty screens, the loud ass whrrrring fans that ThinkPads have then you're a blind fanboy, no other way around it.

How can you defend static dithering? Please explain, I'd love to see this.
>>
>>61146691
The troll is angered at his failure to troll and because he has no reply for the opponent he argues with.

He retorts to some insults and demand that you defend some very specific screen issue no-one defended.
>>
>>61146865
Notice how this poster is avoiding the argument, because he knows he doesn't know what he's talking about, but wants to continue to make people think he does.

He mentioned "something very popular on /g/ for good reason", which implies he thinks positively of said OBJECTIVELY bad hardware, but immediately after pretends he's not defending it.

This is why /g/ is shit. Teenagers brandwhoring to try and fit in. Grow a spine and have some opinions of your own. No one is going to like you more just because you blindly (and it is blind) like the same hardware as the rest of /g/.
>>
I've learned some useful shit on /g/, but I've never considered it definitive information. Especially when it comes to headphones and audio equipment. Basically breaks down into
>MUH ALL DACS SOUND THE SAME
>MUH MEMEHEISER HD600S BEST
>MUH SCHIIT STACK
>MUH MICCA PASSIVE SPEAKERS AND SMSL AMP IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE
>MUH MP3 TRANSPARENT

I'm pretty sure every thread becomes this in some way though. The same half dozen shit posters spouting pointless dribble and regurgitated answers while being completely blind to anecdotal evidence.
>MUH LINUX
>MUH CHINKPAD
>MUH AMD DOA
>MUH INTEL HOUSEFIRE
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.