[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5770 drivers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: c26-B002SP113K-2-sm.jpg (17KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
c26-B002SP113K-2-sm.jpg
17KB, 300x246px
So what friggin drivers am I supposed to use with this? I install the correct drivers from AMD, then the software itself says i need an update, after that update, it says i need another update, one which installs the previous drivers, and in the end i have 2 sets of drivers installed for 1 card causing instability.. wtf
>>
Thank you for telling what operating system.

Last Windows drivers for HD6000 -series AMD GPU's and older is Catalyst 14.4.
>>
>>61140052
windows 10 64 bit, and this is 5000 series, the website seems to give options between 15.7.1 and 16.2.1 beta crimson, crimson nags me to "update" to 15.3 something...
>>
>>61140113
HD6000 series and older (that means HD5000 cards too) are not officially supported with Windows '10'.

14.4 Catalyst and NT6.1 or 6.2 ('8/8.1'/Server 2012 R2). Or rather linux with radeon+mesa opengl libraries.
>>
>>61140199
I see... so the site is just wrong and i should get 14.4 from another source?
>>
>>61140320
What software is saying you need an update? The legacy AMD drivers should work for everything you'd need on Windows 10.

You realize that card is pretty ancient by graphics card standards though right?
>>
>>61140459
Yeah but so is my tv's resolution lol, still runs most things on high when your at 1360x768
The catalyst manager for 16.2.1 tell me to update... nonsense considering its the final driver release.. i think it sees my card as a 7770, I mostly have success with the 15.7 drivers, but the whole ordeal is making me wonder if both are wrong
>>
>>61140527
Yeah you absolutely can't run anything after 16.2.1. Whatever software is telling you to update doesn't know what the fuck it's talking about. You can't update past 16.2.1.

I doubt it's recognizing your card as a 7770. Completely different chip/architecture.
>>
>>61140565
I seem to run okay on 16.2 as well as long as i ignore the constant annoying update notifications
>>
>>61140565
Also when im on 16.2 and it updates for me it updates to 15.3 something.. not anything higher than 16.2
>>
I had that same card a few years back. Worked pretty good.

Until it would overheat every day and fried itself to death.
>>
>>61140589
Is it Windows itself that's bugging you? If that's the case you should be able to turn that notification off.

Absolutely turn off any automatic updates. Obviously 15.3 is not what you want.
>>
>>61140616
No, the 16.2 version of catalyst is telling me to update
>>
>>61140613
Running on like 8 years now for me still going strong other than this driver shit lol
>>
>>61139932
>>61140613
Kek i have that exact same card stored in my hardware closet, piece of shit just overheated and stopped working one day
>>
>>61140934
It's legend, dust your shit
>>
>>61139932

I have an Asus 5770. I also have the legacy Crimson driver installed. It periodically nags for an update but, as you've noted, ends up installing earlier drivers.

My guess is that the Crimson wrapper notices it's not the latest version but when it tries to download an update, it's referred to an older Catalyst driver.

In short, ignore the update requests.
>>
>>61141086
No stability issues though?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.