[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

11 reasons why linux sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: The state of Linux.jpg (8KB, 281x266px) Image search: [Google]
The state of Linux.jpg
8KB, 281x266px
If you ever wondered why more people aren't swtictching to linux here's why.

http://downtoearthlinux.com/posts/11-reasons-to-avoid-linux/

>1. It's complicated
>2. You're alone... almost.
>3. It changes constantly
>4. Pointless competition
>5. Mediocre hardware and peripheral support
>6. It's slow
>7. Programs suck
>8. Gaming
>9. It's free
>10. Philosophy vs pragmatism
>11. The community sucks.
>>
>>61137965
Sage
>>
>>61137965
>its complicated :(((
fuck off, mint is as easy as wangblows nowadays. You're just too lazy to learn the system.
>>61138000
cant let these trips go unchecked
>>
>>61137965
>>6. It's slow
Shit list, sage
>>
>>61137965
>Linux sucks because it is free
Wonder how the author feels about air.
>>
>>61138389
He want to suck it?
>>
>>61138414
That would be a bit unfortunate, considering item #11 on the list.
>>
>>61137965
I want you to stay in your Windows/Mac containment box and cry me a river. Long live Linux masterrace.
>>
>>61138389
You are missing his point.
>>
>>61138604
Retards do not make points. They blather.
>>
>>61137965
>1. It's complicated
its not that complex just start with ubuntu or linux mint and that might actually be easier to use then windows.
>2. You're alone... almost.
there is a pretty big community that uses linux.
>3. It changes constantly
actually it changes very little if you stick with one desktop environment and OS.
>4. Pointless competition
its not really a competition its more of a disagreement on how certain things should be.
>5. Mediocre hardware and peripheral support
I have had less driver problems on linux then windows so IMO linux wins here
>6. It's slow
neah dude its hella fast. windows takes super long to boot. my current install takes about 10-20 seconds to boot from completely off to fully operational. and both the base ram and cpu usage is incredibly small compared to windows
>7. Programs suck
most of the programs are really good and a lot are better but depends on workflow
>8. Gaming
well there are plenty of games. also this argument doesnt apply to people who dont game.
>9. It's free
seems like a big plus to me.
>10. Philosophy vs pragmatism
uuhm I donno
>11. The community sucks.
the community is great you just have to get used to the way it works. dont go posting on a forum straight away do some googling read some docs and then post.
>>
i am glad that people are stupid and don't switch to linux please make more shill threads like this one
>>
>>61137965
This has got to be the most idiotic list of reasons I've ever seen. Issue number 5 is really the only somewhat valid complaint. Pointless competition? It changes constantly? Really? Is this guy a fucking retard?
>>
>>61137965
1. Ubuntu, fedora, openSUSE (if it's still complicated, then you're too old or stupid)
2. Alone? Wat? Usage of operating system has nothing to do with your social life.
3. No it doesn't (use stable/LTS distribution!)
4. People use what they want, there are many distractions, because we can.
5. Not a GNU/Linux issue.
6. You're slow!
7. Not a GNU/Linux issue
8. Not a GNU/Linux issue (also, grow up)
9. How come this is a bad thing?
10. People who said that doesn't know what pragmatism means.
11. Only if you suck.

Fucking retards everywhere...
>>
>>61137965
>its complicated
t. Someone who has litterally never used ubuntu or mint or
>you're alone
No you aren't. The community may be smaller that windows but its also smarter and more helpful.
>it changes constantly.
Wrong. If you keep updating then yes it does but if you don't like change then just use an LTS distro.
>pointless competition
Competition makes all software better as they have to one up there competators. If microsoft makes a bad UI then you're stuck. If GNOME makes a bad UI you can switch. Its called choice.
>bad hardware support
Sort of true. Minor problem though as if you use propietary drivers basically everything works.
>its slow
Its not slow. Certain "user freindly" distros are slow.
>Programs suck
If you need windows programs run wine or KVM or something. Also LaTeX is better than microsoft word.
>muh games
grow up.
>its free
Microsoft suffers from the same problems of beging written by a ton of people with varrying talent and its not free. As its still based on 65% pajeet teir code.
>GNU IS BAD!!!!!
Your philophy is: "YOU SHOULDN'T OWN THE THINGS YOU BUY!!!!" and thats bullshit.
>the community
its great. Very helpful.
>>
File: 1492192827119.png (1020KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1492192827119.png
1020KB, 1080x1920px
Stay mad microcuk

2018 is the year of linux desktop
>>
>>61138646
>neah dude its hella fast.
Phoronix tests always show it as slower than windows, boot times aside.
It's even slower in certain regards than the super-incomplete and comatose Hurd.
>>
>>61139080
Proofs?
>>
>900 responses of butthurt linuxfag comments
Yeah, freetards and LIDF to the rescue.
>>61139117
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=debian-hurd-2015&num=1
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=windows-linux-rx480&num=1
>>
File: reddit circle jerk.gif (647KB, 293x200px) Image search: [Google]
reddit circle jerk.gif
647KB, 293x200px
>>61137965
>>1. It's complicated
If you're too retarded to install and navigate Ubuntu, you should probably be dragged out back and shot for being a brainlet subhuman. The average 4 year old could do it.
>>2. You're alone... almost.
There are huge communities for almost every major distro. You could always read the documentation too. You sound like the kind of idiot that puts something together without reading the instructions first.
>>3. It changes constantly
No it doesn't. It's used for servers, embedded devices, and other critical systems because it's stable.
>>4. Pointless competition
"Waaaah choices are terrible!"
>>5. Mediocre hardware and peripheral support
It has better driver support than Windows.
>>6. It's slow
Wrong again. If it was slow, it wouldn't be used for servers.
>>7. Programs suck
Highly subjective. They seem fine to me.
>>8. Gaming
Buy a console, faggot.
>>9. It's free
Why is this a bad thing?
>>10. Philosophy vs pragmatism
I don't care.
>>11. The community sucks.
Highly subjective.
>>
>>61139212
Those are drivers, retard. I knew you didn't have anything.
>>
>>61137965
1. Only if you use the terminal.
2. SO tells me something different
3. So does Windows?
4. If it really is, why is Linux used in 80% of all servers?
5. Recognizes my devices instantly, no installation needed. Windows needs an installation.
6. Faster than my 8.1.
7. Nope
8. Ok, you got me by 50%. Steam however has dozens of games for Linux.
9. THE FUCK?
10. Eh
11. Windows community sucks too.
>>
>>61137965
I've been considering switching from Windows to Debian for a while. Problem is, I'll concede I'm not too familiar with the command line and it's commands. I've only used it a bit in windows and DOS a long time ago.
What are the advantages of Debian over windows, other than the obvious privacy related things?
And how does it handle games? I know Wine exists, but is there a huge performance impact?
>>
File: workt.jpg (159KB, 1200x604px) Image search: [Google]
workt.jpg
159KB, 1200x604px
>>61139734
read the tests and stop bullshitting.
>>61139743
>4. If it really is, why is Linux used in 80% of all servers?
>Guy complains about common programs, DE's, display servers, etc.
BUT MUH CLI SERVERS!
>5. Recognizes my devices instantly, no installation needed. Windows needs an installation.
Pic related.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.