[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lenovo X230 1440p IPS mod + Mstata SSD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: lenovoIPS2560.jpg (739KB, 2986x1996px) Image search: [Google]
lenovoIPS2560.jpg
739KB, 2986x1996px
So I came across a Lenovo Thinkpad X230 for $150 locally

i7
8gb ram
128gb SSD

Well, I found out about a guy from China who has made a 2560 x 1440 IPS display modification and I was wondering if anyone had some information in English about the procedure to get it working

itll cost me $150 for laptop and $136 for the IPS Panel, and the modded video controller

Here is the link [spoiler]https://world.taobao.com/item/550879131380.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-15750415553.6.Pq57nV[/spoiler]

If anyone has information, like, if any soldering needs to be done to the motherboard to the controller or anything of the sort.

I really want to go ahead and purchase it so I can get it done, but not 100% sure how I should go about doing it. If I should do it myself or get someone to install it for me.

Thanks /g/
>>
File: 1496087198122.png (257KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1496087198122.png
257KB, 500x436px
>>61131302
WTF why you burgers have everything so damn cheap?

We in slavlands have 1/5 of your salary yet such notebook would cost here 350 USD minimum
>>
>>61131440
Craigslist

I was also thinking instead going with a T430 and upgrading that to 1440p IPS since I can also upgrade CPU for $80 to an i7 3630QM and the X230 doesnt have the option to upgrade CPU

Im conflicted
>>
>>61131302
I want this so bad, but ordering from china is such a hassle I don't want to do it.

There's also the nitrocaster mod, (some russian guy from thinkpad forums that made edp conversion boards to fit fhd ips displays on certain models of thinkpads)

Also, the chinks already sell some modified thinkpads but afaik, the did a shitty and quite literally just glued the screens.
>>
>>61131852
Im really considering getting the mod kk did, most comments everywhere ive seen he has done a beautiful job with the board and bezel

but what do I go with

X230 with dual core i5 13 inch
or
T430 with upgrade able CPU 14.5 inch little bulkier
>>
>>61131930
Im really considering X230 for College because of the weight, but ill always be limited to i5 dual core

I guess it isnt terrible though.
>>
The guy who did the x330 xps 13 mod offered to give me a 1440p panel(non xps13) instead of the 1080p. I declined since I think it would drop the battery life even more. Perhaps hit him up on it?
>>
>>61131440
get a chromebook
>>
>>61131440
>"free" healthcare hmmmmm
>>
>>61132833
it depends

how much?
>>
???
>>
>>61131440
enjoy your free healthcare faggot
>cant afford /g/ necessities
>>
>>61134228
Damn son...
>>
I would examine the context for which you require the hardware before deciding on the processor. An x230 running Linux with an ssd and dual core i5 will be better for doing office / college stuff than a setup built around windows / gaming (at least in regards to hardware and software, not portability. You could go with a larger screen and i7 processor but, at best, you would get a negligible performance increase (think in terms of opening documents and startup times) at the cost of reduced battery life from the i7 and screen. I use a standard, non ips x230 for taking meeting minutes and performing image manipulation for a committee and it absolutely destroys my gaming desktop in startup times and low resource tasks. In short, stick with standard x230 hardware and possibly put a 9 cell battery in for 8-10 hours of comfortable productivity.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.