[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Synthesizer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 01_MS-20-mini_front_with-Patch.jpg (559KB, 4993x2310px) Image search: [Google]
01_MS-20-mini_front_with-Patch.jpg
559KB, 4993x2310px
Should I buy an ARP Odyssey

An MS 20

A Minilogue

Or a Moog sub phatty

Currently have SEM emulator and Dexed to pair with.
>>
minilogue is a good entry synth. i bought one too and i'm very happy with it.
>>
>>61119754
Its heavily considered, I'm just fully making sure I pick the right one since it will be awhile until I can give it a friend.
>>
>>61119792
the ms20 is great too, but i think you'll be the most happy with the minilogue because of its great variety of sounds and how easy it is to work with it.
a good old moog would be a great addition later.
>>
the Odyssey is more user friendly than the MS20 imo, both sounds really cool though. Never tried the other two
>>
>>61119735
Minilogue.
MS20 is a bit of a pain for starting out and only really shines once you have hardware to run through the ESB.
>>
>>61119735
>beginning with anything but a MicroKORG
neck yourself
>>
Actually, don't buy any of those. Wait for the release of the Roland SE-02. You should look into it, but it's essentially a fully analog Moog Model D clone with modern functionality and components. It's gonna be the next best thing since sliced bread since it's Studio Electronics behind the helm instead of Roland.
>>
>>61120426
Hi its OP

Yeah, just heard about that, looks pretty sick!
Forgot to list that one.
My logic is one synth per year ($500-700 ballpark)

That would be a good first synth...
>>
Roland Jupiter8 or nothing
>>
File: Final.gif (620KB, 1095x732px) Image search: [Google]
Final.gif
620KB, 1095x732px
>>61120508
Kek
>>
>>61120480
>Hi its OP
" {
>
' {
>>
>>61120480
I think you will really enjoy it because it does have that very unique Moog character. I have a massive collection of synths and even owned a Model D at one point, and I'm still looking forward to it's release. Just a warning though, a bunch of the reissues are incredibly difficult to use when you only have a handful of synths because their patching options are generally very poor. Full MIDI functionality will save you so much time and let you keep ideas around without just printing everything which is great for starting out.

>>61120508
Even if you're someone who knows how to repair vintage synths and keeps a collection of them around, the Jupiter-8 is still like loving a sickly young child. Every time it ends up needing fixed it's gonna break your heart and your wallet.
>>
>>61120583
OP says hi
>>
WTF is this hipster shit just get a casio
>>
>>61119735
get a modular set up imo
>>
>>61120932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOH8CZRnuUQ
>>
>>61120377
Different Anon here,
I have a Microkorg, but I don't really find it interesting tbqhwy, seems more like it's preset based instead of the on-the-fly sound fuckery. Am I missing something?
I'd really love to like the thing famalam. Also I can't afford an other synth, so that'll have to do for a while.
>>
>>61120992
are those shakey hands from playing piano?
>>
>>61121561
Learn how to create your own presets senpai. Thing does a shit ton of stuff
>>
File: 4534534512435.jpg (409KB, 640x523px) Image search: [Google]
4534534512435.jpg
409KB, 640x523px
>>61119735
awoooo~
>>
>>61121849
Yeah, great advice for a first synth get one of the first models of the prophet-5 and spend 20 mins tuning it every time you want to play the thing.
>>
>>61119735
if you're eventually hoping to get into modular synthesis the ms-20 mini is a good choice. it's got 2 VCO's, LPF, HPF, MF, Env filter, enough stuff to do on the patch board to get some wierd things, an external input for other stuff to pass through the filters. most importantly it's cheap for what it is.
>>
File: 1493222031725.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1493222031725.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>tfw know how to use a synthesizer but dont know how to create music
>>
>>61122173
post patches or youre bsing
>>
>>61122203

how? patches and sounds dont correlate to music. A synth is just an instrument. You could learn guitar but not be gud at making music
>>
>>61122237
>
if you "know" synths that means you know how to accurately recreate a sound. that would also mean you can play piano well, which i doubt is the case. To create music you just apply what you know to experimentation. If someone was good at guitar theyd be able to make their own music too, since they would have at least rudimentry knowledge of chord structures and riffs, knowing what does and doesnt work. Even knowing just an E chord you could base a song around it (as is the case with ina gata na vita)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.