[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf I love lcds now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: eizocoloredgeprominence-1l.png (132KB, 399x408px) Image search: [Google]
eizocoloredgeprominence-1l.png
132KB, 399x408px
>Eizo claims that its new monitor is the first LCD panel to achieve a contrast ratio of 1.000.000:1, which is dramatically higher than any previous LCD panel, including the IPS LCD panels that Eizo has used in the past. These panels typically achieve only around 1000:1. If true, the improved contrast ratio of the LCD panel is close to matching OLED.

>The CG3145 is using neither OLED technology nor LCD local dimming. The company did not elaborate on how it has achieved the extreme contrast but it is highly likely that Eizo is in fact using Panasonic’s new IPS LCD technology with ”light-modulating cells”.

>The Japanese company adds that the monitor is capable of outputting 1000 nits peak brightness. It can also reproduce 98% of the DCI-P3 color space. The panel operates in 10-bit colors per channel and has a 24-bit LUT (look up table).

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1494331977
>>
hot
>>
>>61118714
It's probably going to cost more than OLED so is useless.
>>
>>61118737
I actually doubt that, if this ever hits scale it could smash every one of OLEDs weak spots

>cheap to produce
>no color drift (set and forget)
>no auto brightness limiter (stable white point)

and for gaming retards who cling onto outdated tube trash if you combined dual panel switching with black frame insertion would leave crt tubes in the dust literally
>>
IPS panels dont have that high contrast to begin wit
>something is better
no shit
>>
>>61118901
Nothing like this ever happens though, the industry forces you to buy one piece of hardware for every conceivable task and you better get use to it.
>>
>9th May 2017
>>
>>61118961
IPS panels that don't suck is news to me
>>
>>61118714
>Dynamic contrast meme

lmao hdr nerds btfo

btfo idiots lol
b
t
f
o
>>
File: 1495399673390.png (53KB, 887x560px) Image search: [Google]
1495399673390.png
53KB, 887x560px
>>61118714
>MSRP $8999.99
>>
When are you going to let IREM make a new R-Type game Ezio?
>>
File: images(9).jpg (6KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
6KB, 238x212px
>>61118714
>outputting 1000 nits peak brightness.
Jebus Man
>>61119004
This.
>>
>Panasonic in charge of new tech

yeah that worked out really nice for the 3DO
>>
>>61119004
>>61119079
Is not DCR, for years there has been monitor that have 1.200k+ of DCR.
This is real contrast ratio.
>>
>>61120191
dont give a fuck, 1000 nits ? seared eyeballs

get the fuck outta here
>>
>>61120473
Nice reading comprehension faggot, the text says is "capable of", meaning that's the maximum it can output not the minimum.
I'm sure it can go down to the 250 to 350 nits range.
>>
>>61118714
am I only one that is annoyed when monitor brands claim to achieve something while they are just glorified packaging company?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.