[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how's macOS in security compared to Windows 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Jewish Finder.png (453KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jewish Finder.png
453KB, 1024x1024px
So how's macOS in security compared to Windows 10?
>>
same californian cops chasing you
>>
I will offer you one billion internets to the rights to that photo
>>
File: 1492683901888.png (345KB, 728x945px) Image search: [Google]
1492683901888.png
345KB, 728x945px
>>61116357
>>
>>61116501
http://www.inquisitr.com/3645134/apple-vp-lisa-jackson-bragged-to-hillary-clinton-about-giving-customer-data-to-governments-according-to-wikileaks-email/

>“Thousands of times every month, we give governments information about Apple customers and devices, in response to warrants and other forms of legal process. We have a team that responds to those requests 24 hours a day.”
>in response to warrants and other forms of legal process

What does this have to do with security? OP isn't asking about privacy or whether macOS is safe for criminal activity.
>>
>>61116357
shhhh...
They are watching
>>
File: 1481137866253.png (156KB, 1213x636px) Image search: [Google]
1481137866253.png
156KB, 1213x636px
>>61117332
>security
lmao

Apple's security track record is a fucking joke. They literally leave major exploits unpatched for years until it finally explodes in their face then when they can't figure out how to fix it, they just say "yea we dun suppor tha version anymor, please buy a new mac with the newest osx that still has the same unpatched exploit."
>>
>>61117724
Is that really the best you can come up with?
I suppose it is because you always post it and it's shit.
>>
>>61118015
I don't know anon… Leaving a known local root exploit unpatched for years and not providing a patch for older macOS versions is pretty bad. Even Microsoft did a little better, they patched the vuln exploited by WannaCry on Windows XP. You know, the OS they have govt contractors pay millions of dollars to support despite XP not receiving official support since 2014.
>>
OP, not too good. Updates are scarce as well. But being more obscure it's also harder to come across security issues. I frankly didn't have any problems myself since I use macOS.
>>
>>61118188
>I've always been riding my bike without a helmet and I haven't yet had a fatal accident.
You realize the problem with your last sentence, yes?
>>
>>61118213
No, because it doesn't have to do much with what you just said.
>>
>>61118240
Individual anecdotal testimony is meaningless and potentially harmful for questions like this.

The fact that you've personally not had any issues with macOS says nothing about how secure the operating system is and how well the vendor handles security issues in its product.
>>
>>61118267
Alright, then I guess you could instead trust articles like this >>61117724 about versions that almost decade old machines would be stuck at to make an assumption about the current state of the system. Also curiously enough, when SIP wasn't a thing yet.
>>
>>61116357
In an isolated environment it's probably similar enough, although they seem to employ more intelligent people. Due macOS having a smaller market share and hence making it a less popular target, it's way better in a real scenario.

>>61116501
>Apple complies with the law
Fucking shocking.

>>61117724
You realize you can even upgrade an old ass mac to the newest version, right? It's like bitching about MS abandoning XP/Vista/7.
>>
>>61118332
Exhibit A: Apple didn't bother to patch this vulnerability for several years.
Exhibit B: When they tried to patch it, they fucked up the patch.
Conclusion: They handled this very poorly.

It would be moronic to claim that a piece of software is insecure because it has had some vulnerabilities in the past. It would also be moronic to imply that the current version of the software does not have security problems.

Based on how Apple have handled serious security problems in their software, I don't exactly trust them to handle future vulnerabilities well either. Perhaps they're sitting on an unfixed one right now.

Do you get the relevance of Apple's past behavior regarding security issues?
>>
>>61118375
>t. mactoddler
>>
File: 1472337779895.png (433KB, 577x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1472337779895.png
433KB, 577x1018px
>>61116357
>mac
lmao
>>
>>61118396
Perhaps we're all sitting in plenty of them, regardless of whatever software we use.

I wanted to install Windows yesterday for some dual booting. You tell me what to do after hearing that some of their shit was leaked, and there's now a fucking ransomware general because shit hit the fan yesterday apparently.
>>
>>61118487
>>code leaked
>it was partners with special access, nothing important
>>ransomware
>it hit people who didn't patch

MS's security is pretty good nowadays.
>>
>>61116357
Far worse.

Apple are literally the laziest shits on the planet. They will ignore exploits for weeks, months, years, unless it hits the news then their PR dept are the first ones to jump into action.

OSX doesn't even have a team anymore, it's managed entirely by the iOS team in their spare time, not even joking.

Ironically with how often Windows gets targeted, they're always proactive with patching and security related issues, mainly because large corporations and organizations require and depend on Windows for 99% of their workstations. The recent ransomware was caught in the wild and patched months before it even activated for all Windows versions. Literally the only ones affected were retards that refused to install security patches.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.