[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to create a portal of real estate like zillow.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: zillow geofence.jpg (926KB, 2588x1096px) Image search: [Google]
zillow geofence.jpg
926KB, 2588x1096px
How zillow is making property lines? I am thinking of creating a portal in the same style and map the houses in my city. I wanting to start creating boundaries of each property in my citie, make them clickable, add price, just like zillow .. Then, after i do this in my own city i am planning in expand, but I need to know how to get started. I already have a company that will do the development of the site for me..
>>
have you looked at the google maps API? it comes with decent documentation
>>
>>61115302

Yes, but you can not create a map of properties like it is in zillow.
>>
Learn how maps work
>>
>>61115314
that is the extent of my knowledge on this topic.
>>
>>61115314
You need the list of properties for sale and rent.
Then you take their address and validate it, look up coordinates with google API.
>>
why not just buy the tech from zillow? anyways each state county has land easement data and whatnot. if you can't figure this much out you should quit now
>>
>>61115333
>eir address and validate it, look up coordinates with google API.
I from Brazil.
>>
>>61115350
don't you guys live in shacks?
>>
File: sorry-steven.jpg (212KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
sorry-steven.jpg
212KB, 1600x800px
Zillow didn't programatically create those property lines. They were made by users, staff, and probably Amazon Turk like services as well. There may have been some data gathering in some cases from local sources, but there's nothing national for this. You gotta build the data. The data is the product.

Also, how will your product be better or different than Zillow? You probably can't beat them on this feature.
>>
>>61115362

In the favelas in Rio de Janeiro there are many shacks. But I want to focus on the middle class houses.
>>
>>61115285
Sometimes, municipalities have parcel data in some spatial database (spatialite if you're lucky, shapefile if you're not), so I'd contact your municipal government to see if they release parcel-level lot data.
>>
>>61115368
>s
Here in Brazil there is nothing like it ;)
>>
>>61115396
I see. Well, you just gotta build the easiest way to do this possible, start off with a certain city, do it yourself by hand, and expand it across the country and beyond as you acquire users, funding, and employees.
>>
>>61115431
>ff with a certain city, do it yourself by hand, and expand it across the country an

This is exactly what I plan to do, but I need to know how zillow creates this map of ownership for them to adapt here.
>>
>>61115479
Google maps polygon is a powerful feature of the api for things like this.

Here's a project I made with Google Maps using the Polygon feature. Source code might be of use to you.

https://github.com/goosehub/landgrab
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1386x775px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1386x775px
>>61115479
>do it yourself by hand
this is a huge waste of time.

in the us, cities keep meticulous records of property lines, in what's called zoning maps, a lot of which are computerized
an example: http://esri.cityofwestlake.org/westlakejs/

i believe us laws require zoning maps to be released publicly; brazil is a whole different monster. Even still, if I couldn't find a way to at least partially automate the generation of zoning maps, i would just look to contact officials in the area for the data. Doing everything manual, is an absolute last resort
>>
>>61115624
True, but OP wants to do it for Brazil, and Brazil ain't got that shit.
>>
>>61115396
Probably google API can handle you this, you need to use the documentation, also for this level of usage you will need to pay, but its one of the finest GIS techs around.

You can use a proprietary gis system like Esri ArcGis, but if you dont have at least 100 grand i wouldnt worry.

You will not make this on your own, you need a GIS system, but you can handle the data storage on your database.
>>
>>61115624
Brazil is a mess i live here. Forget about regulations, all property records are done by paper, or some dumb excel like system.
Also each city can have a number of records, operated by third parties, called cartorios. They arent obliged to maintain a compatible system, just to hold basic information, and a good portion in paper.
>>
>>61115624
This one is disappointing anyways because all of the assets are PNG images, which would still have to be parsed somehow
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.