[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm your best friend , you have to help me!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: hak5.jpg (105KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
hak5.jpg
105KB, 500x333px
Hello guys, Just finished the first semester in Computing , programming wise we did only Java and Html absolute beginner stuff .
Now that I'm on summer vacations I want to learn more and I've been thinking about learning another language C# for example

My question is should I just keep reading and extend my knowledge in Java? or try new stuff like C#?

thanks in advance my best friends.
>>
>>61114576
keep going until you are competent, once you get a good understanding of programming you can learn other languages a lot quicker.

plus java can make u sum gd bux as a career
>>
I think learning new languages is good, but you probably won't get a whole lot out of learning C# when you already know a bit of java since they're very similar languages. Probably just keep going with Java, or if you're feeling adventurous, learn C to see what an unmanaged, non-oop language is like.
>>
>>61114576
C# basically is Java, except Visual Studio is god tier. That being said, I would suggest sticking to one thing and try to get fairly in depth with it. Once your comfortable, you can learn more languages quite quickly when you need to.
>>
>>61114576
You need a project. What's your summer code project? The idea always points to one language / technology vs. another
>>
>>61114631
That said, C# is worth learning at some stage because there's quite a bit of work in it.
>>
Learn something different like Ruby. C# is Java with enough changed to avoid a lawsuit.
>>
>>61114610
>>61114631
>>61114632
Thanks friends, I'll probably stick to java and extend my knowledge on it
>>61114637
I don't have a project but now that you said it I should try something, maybe a simple game in java?
>>61114641
>>61114658

I will definitely look up c# sometime , maybe when I get more confident with my programming skills
>>
>>61114738
What was your project for your Java course?
>>
>>61114794
we didnt have a project
we had in class tests
>>
>>61114808
Ok yeah. Try making some basic console games.
'Lower or higher' (you guess)
'Lower or higher' (machine guesses)
Tic tac toe
>>
>>61114576
MOAR Shenonnnn
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>61114864
I've already done the Tic tac toe one
I'll try to make something more complex
thanks for your help !
>>61114915
google hak5 snubs
>>
>>61114808
>we didnt have a project
That's fucking stupid, and I'm sorry OP. The entirety of your life as a developer is, basically, projects. So not having you do them while in school is asinine.
Anyway, Java and HTML seem pretty far apart, so what about something to connect them? I'm very biased, since I'm a web dev, but have you considered any of the other bits of the web tech 'environment'? Namely, JavaScript or CSS. Hell, if you can get reasonably good at JavaScript, learn the Java Spring framework (or something similar), and learn some miscellaneous CSS, you can start churning out your own projects. And as others have said, start making your own projects. Like, as in yesterday.
>>
Learn the following in order:

Binary search
Merge sort

Linked list
Stack
Tree, as many tree algorithms as you can

If you still have time, learn some big data algorithms and some statistics.

No one gives a fuck how many languages you know. Learn one and stick by it and gain actually useful skills that wont be obsolete in 20 years.
>>
>>61115041
we had projects on other courses
but not in java idk why
>>
>>61114576
If you don't know javascript, learn javascript.
>>
>>61115354
i know the basic stuff
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.