[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

doom + vulcan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1413440951332.png (167KB, 400x359px) Image search: [Google]
1413440951332.png
167KB, 400x359px
I finally arrived to the point of playing Doom in my backlog. I pirated it to try and holy shit, the Vulkan performance really is impressive. I never thought I could max out that level of graphics on my mid tier rig. It's always between 90-125 fps, not even dips below 60. It just doesn't go below 60 no matter what I do.

Add to this "+set m_smooth 0" and it so fucking smooth. I didn't benchmark it but I feel dem stable low frame times. So fuken fluid. I never ever experienced that level of fluidness at that level of graphics. I may throw money at this as an applause of technical merit alone.

I'm now convinced Vulkan will make graphics great again. We can't lose this greatness because of bunch of kikes want their walled garden status quo. Vulcan Volunteer Shill Forces when?
>>
>>61105526
>pirated
Kys poorfag
>>
>>61105526

wats ur hardware?
>>
>>61105526
It's the only time I get graphical corruption. Anyone else experience this?
>>
>>61105526

still a crappy game
>>
File: ripandtear.png (42KB, 215x191px) Image search: [Google]
ripandtear.png
42KB, 215x191px
>>61105619
It's a fantastic game, kys cuck.
>>
>>61105526
>Vulcan Volunteer Shill Forces when?
about 2 years ago? I don't care anymore since it had became apparent that vulkan will win
>>
Is Vulkan really that harder than OpenGL? I skimmed a Vulkan course, and it looks the same except some actions take more steps and you precompile your shaders.
>>
>>61106163
It's harder in the sense that gamedevs are lazy fucks that don't want to do any more work than strictly necessary.
>>
>>61105561
CPU: i7-2600
GPU: Radeon R9 380, 4GB, 985MHz Main, 1450Mhz Memory
RAM: some cheap 2*4GB DDR3-1333
Storage: 7200RPM HDD
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 (mITX)
I guess I'm CPU (and HDD, and RAM speed) bound so good GPU utilization makes a big difference to me. GPU is indeed under 100% load.
Temps: ~60C GPU, ~50 CPU when playing Doom

>>61105619
My biggest reason for not outright buying it is lack of proper modding. You would think Bethesda and id put together would know better.
>>
>>61106277
Don't worry. It will probably get amateur microtransactions like Skyrim and FO4 ;^)
>>
>>61105991
>since it had became apparent that vulkan will win
It was always apparent. Did you expect the huge number of industrial backers suddenly to drop it for some proprietary meme of Applel or Microsoft that basically is the same thing with different API names as the only difference?

DirectDraw was mostly used over OpenGL because MS did help graphic card vendors with implementing parts of the drivers.

>>61106163
It is far more low level, meaning, the clusterfuck statemachine that OpenGL and DirectDraw are aren't available for your comfort and you have to do a lot yourself. That said, after writing some boilerplate it's not that much worse, according to some fag that wrote a Quake renderer in it.
>>
>>61105526
Nu-Doom is too limited. Google for SNAPMAP LIMITATIONS
>>
>>61105526
>It's a MEGASPHERE
>>
>>61105604
Yeah, I thought I was the only one experiencing this.
>>
lol did you even try OpenGL?
The people behind doom are fucking wizards, don't give the DOTA engine all the credit
>>
you do realize that doom runs great on basically any hardware using either api right?
But go ahead and scream "DOUBOE THE FPS AS NORMAL!!!0" while benching 4K doom like its a big deal
>>
I just bought doom in the steam sale cause I'm not a poorfag and can confirm it runs really well. So fucking smooth at 1080p144hz
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.