[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I Relearn 6+ Years of Maths for My Degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 55cdb2a9e8d5f.jpg (73KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
55cdb2a9e8d5f.jpg
73KB, 600x300px
I've been working as a help desk tech and jr sys admin without a degree. I want to move up in the field, but every job in the D.C. area seems to need at least a bachelor's.

I'm looking to major in either Info Sys or Computer Science, but both of those require a few calculus or harder classes. I didn't have the opportunity to go to college after high school and now I'm 26 and because I don't do math on the daily even the most basic concepts escape me. Doesn't help that math was never my favorite subject.

Is it possible to relearn 6+ years of maths or am I stuck forever?
>>
>>61104884
Only bumping you, because I fuckin love Yu-Yu-Hakusho
>>
Its doable but it wont be easy
>>
Secret:Degrees just get your foot in the door in the IT business because it just gives a uniform and baseline expectation of your ability.

Use practical demonstration of your abilities, and knowledge while meeting or exceeding their baseline requirements.

The other secret:Getting a degree will add as much as ten thousand dollars to your salary, and qualify you for faster promotion with in a company.

So find out how they will impact you not when you get out of school or just add on another cert to your resume. But what they give you in ten or twenty years.
>>
Accounting and info sys major here, getting bachelor's in both, then masters in info sys. I'm not very proficient in math outside of a 4 function calculator and our info sys program doesn't require anything above basic business math. There's some statistical analysis stuff, but calculus isn't required and it's all done in Excel.
>>
>>61105249
Also, when I was struggling with algebra back in freshman classes, I paid for a program @ yourteacher.com He's this cool math teacher for basic to high school and early college maths, makes everything pretty easy to understand. Knocked out basics to college math in a couple of weeks. No calculus required.

If you do end up wanting to get his videos, he has a few on YouTube under his account, but I've only ever seen a couple hundred mb of it on torrents, so you mostly have to buy it. If you look up the homeschool buyers coop, they sometimes have 50% off coupons for his site. Hope that helps.
>>
>>61104884
It's doable and you will need at least 2 years. So if you're gonna work hard, then you can do it.
>>
>>61105311
I'll look into this, thanks!

Have you heard good things about / used KhanAcademy?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.