[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make gpu that does 4K 100+ fps >no monitor out that actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>make gpu that does 4K 100+ fps
>no monitor out that actually goes that high

What's the fucking point
>>
>>61101971
>100+ fps
sounds like your graphics settings aren't high enough
>>
>>61101971
>4k 100+ fps

there is no single gpu which can do that consistently. why are you lying?
>>
>>61101986
>>61102012
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3202659/components-graphics/hands-on-amds-radeon-vega-frontier-edition-vs-nvidia-titan-xp.html
>>
>>61101971
Soon, thot.
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/06/asus-will-apparently-have-the-worlds-first-144hz-4k-monitor/
>>
well then time to switch to 1080p@240hz
requires about the same
>>
>>61102025
There are no gaming benchmarks. Plus , considering this Frontier card is meant for scientific computer, we can safely say it's gaming performance will be slightly poorer than a 1080ti , and better than the 1080. This card won't run 4k at 100 fps and as of yet , the titan still remains king for gaming since it uses consumer grade drivers which can both game and fulfill the needs of more advanced users. And even then , I have not checked out the new titan Xp after it came out. Doubt even that can do 4k@100Hz.
>>
>>61102044
Bandwidth wise , yeah. I have one myself and honestly , most 240 Hz monitors in the market have terrible colors. Pick the benq one if you want good performance with a few accessories plus being able to not destroy your eyes by using the computer way too much . If you want better colors , a more aesthetic design and other interesting features , go ASUS. There is another 240 Hz monitor in the market , though I can't recall that one since these are the most famous options (the XL2450 by BenQ and the PG278Q by Asus)
>>
>>61102065
Frontier also isn't representative of what the consumer versions would be capable of.

Consumer versions might be cut down compared to the frontier edition as a performance negative, but will have more game optimised drivers. So performance could swing either way.

Really depends on what the consumer SKUs look like. Though considering the frontier is undercutting quadro cards, they might just undercut the high end consumer cards too.
>>
>>61102025
yeah thats actually worse in gaming performance than a 1080 ti.
>>
>>61102101
Just double checked it and There are a bunch by Acer but they are probably in the same response time trash tier as most of their previous monitors are. Plus you are in for 800$+ for any of them. Also the model name for the Asus one is PG258Q* . If you have the spare money ; then go with any of the Free sync/Gsync ones .
>>
>>61101971
you realize that 100fps on a 60hz panel is still way better than 60fps on a 60hz panel, right?
>>
>>61102110
Yeah you are right anon. But considering AMD'S recent success with CPUs, I think they might have a chance here too. AMD had a taste of blood and it seems they want payback in double. Just hoping they actually release a set of GPUs that destroys Nvidia's lineup entirely ( even the Titan Xp ) , since it will all be for naught if they can beat all cards but the titan and the 1080ti , as nvidia will just release volta and cuck AMD again. They need to completely destroy nvidia so even volta can't save them.
>>
>>61102101
lol
those 240hz monitors all use the same panel
>>
>>61102025
>Vega
Literally a dual GPU. We're talking single chip GPU. There's nothing on the market that can perform 4k 100+fps in most triple A games
>>
>>61101971
upscale to remove aliasing
>>
>>61102042

So will it be another 80% defect rate, "dead pixels and scruffs under the coating are a feature" panel straight from AU Optronics like the rest of Acer and ASUS high refresh IPS panels from their 1440p line?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.