[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chairs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: embody.png (441KB, 377x549px) Image search: [Google]
embody.png
441KB, 377x549px
Anyone spend their cash on a nice chair? Thoughts?
>>
Bought a Herman Miller Aeron, make sure you get one wit the options AND the right size.
>>
Was shopping two weeks back for one. I think I settled on the Humanscale Freedom, gonna try to buy when sales start to hit around september/october.
>>
>>61097532
>>61097557
>>61097604

>falling for the expensive chair meme

happy with my $40 Ikea chair here
>>
got a used steelcase leap for 250, worth it
>>
>>61097557
Got a second hand one "broken" myself on the cheap.

30 mins of cable fixing / some oil she's as good as new. Couldn't be happier
>>
>>61097557
I spend ~14 hours a day sitting in Aerons and I don't think I could love them more.
>>
>>61097634
>imblying
I take it you've never sat in a chair that respects your freedoms and posture.
>>
>>61097532
Embody owner. worth every penny.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (149KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
149KB, 1500x1500px
Is a Thornton's ErgoExec High Back Mesh chair worth buying?

I don't have the money for an aeron and this one is in my price range.
>>
File: 20170627_002719.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170627_002719.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
as ridiculous looking as mine is it's pretty comfortable desu
picked it up for 50 bucks from the local office surplus store a few weeks ago
the arms look out of place because the store added them on
image is flipped in the preview but it wasn't when I took it sooooo
>>
>>61097634
may be me but the Ikea office chair (blue fabric one idk) hurts my ass after sitting for too long. Even with padding, what do?
>>
>>61100228
It's because of orientation metadata the previewer is reading. It's more polite for the software to orient the picture based on arbitrary text rather than permanently modifying the image data itself.
>>
>>61097557
A grand for a chair? Seems a little too much, I'm in the market for a chair but that seems a little steep, what model do you have?
>>
>>61100266
thanks for the facts senpai
>>
I work for a rather large architecture firm with an interior design studio, so I have quite a bit of experience with quite a few of them.

My top three would probably be (in order):
Steelcase Gesture
Herman Miller Embody
HM Aeron (new version)
Honorary mention to the v2 Steelcase Leap

I personally use a v2 Steelcase Leap at home. Look around wholesalers/office refurb warehouses. You could probably get them for less than $200 used.

Two minor gripes about them though:
1) They're heavy as shit. They're not joking about STEELcase. This is annoying with high pile carpet like I have in my home. Can't really roll around well. I used to put an antistatic mat below to smooth it out but they tend to deform pretty quick even if I'm not sitting in it.
2) The armrest lock mechanism is still plastic and I have seen these break.

I considered replacing my leap with a gesture but since I tend to work in the office more than at home these days, I just don't feel like it.

BTW, try to find friends in architecture firms. HM was running a super discount on their newly release anniversary edition of the Aeron last Christmas. Got one with ALL the options brand new for $350. Retail would be over $1200. Gave it to my bro. Kind of wish I bought two.

We have discounts with Steelcase as well, although nothing has really beaten that deal.
>>
File: 0392583_PE564516_S5.jpg (455KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
0392583_PE564516_S5.jpg
455KB, 2000x2000px
>>61100253
its this one MARKUS but its fabric blue, worn to shit and hurts after 3 hours of sitting.
>>
File: best chair.jpg (18KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
best chair.jpg
18KB, 450x450px
I got this chair, not because its "nice", because who wants a chair that is nice to you, that coddles you, that says you are just fine the way you are? I wanted the most uncomfortable POS that I could get for the least amount of money ($15 reg. price), so that I could be challenged intellectually and bio-mechanically, that threw a curve ball at me to force me to discover things about myself and the world, in short, to re-make reshape my complacent reality. I like that the most luxurious feature is the bar at the bottom that I use as an occasional foot rest.
>>
>>61100493
I took the generic folding metal chair red pill too, anon. Mine's a bit rusty on the seat, presumably from all the hours I spend sweating ass in this utility closet without AC playing WoW
>>
>>61100493
>I wanted the most uncomfortable POS
>so that I could be challenged intellectually and bio-mechanically
>force me to discover things about myself and the world, in short, to re-make reshape my complacent reality

This reminds me of the philosophy of some famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, I think. I believe it's said that he purposely designed weird, uncomfortable chairs for the houses that he made, in order to discourage lounging about and deskwork, and instead encourage whatever you do.
>>
File: s0569749_sc7.jpg (17KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
s0569749_sc7.jpg
17KB, 380x380px
>>61097532
I got a McKee from staples mostly since I got to try before I bought it.
Store sale and I got it for $60.
3-4 years on and the back's still pristine and the cushion's not flat. $60 well spent.

How come in chair threads and such, I never see people talk about office store chairs like this when on a budget? They always recommend things like ikea chairs chairs and such that aren't too comfy, at least compared to a lot of these office chairs. Same goes for longevity.
>>
Sitting on a Steelcase Gesture right now, owned it for 6 months. Ass cushion is still going strong and the adjustable armrests are great, though sometimes finicky. It's heavy as shit though, and the huge box it was shipped in is a legitimate hobo house.
>>
>>61100349
I was actually looking at a Steelcase Gesture. Show me to the discounts anon.
>>
I bought one of those 59$ "Renberget" chairs from ikea and it should arrive in a few days
can't wait desu, the shit plastic swivel chair i have hurts my ass a lot
>>
>>61100650
>Going to Staples
>Buying chairs when 200lbs > weight limit
That's why, I don't care how much you weigh that shit wont last a year. Staple's chairs are garbage and they are made for the smallest of starving Asians at most.

Weight tolerance is directly proportional to build quality. If you buy a 400lbs chair and you weigh 150 lbs you have just bought a chair that will last until the end of time.
>>
>>61097690
this, but was able to take 10 off thanks to the atm only spitting out 20s.
>>
>>61100825
I weigh around 150lbs and asides from the pleather cracking and wearing from sliding in and out and dogs, for a $60 full back chair, it's not bad. Seat cushion hasn't come near flattening out yet.

And I dunno about your store, but mine has all the weights and recommended sitting duration specifications. Most of the chairs are rated up to 250, like the McKee. Seriously, go on the site and look at most of the chairs, they're rated up to 250lbs, not far off of Ikea's 242lbs weight limit.

And I had the Millberget from Ikea (or something very similar to it years ago) and the cushion on that thing would flatten out real quick. I know it's a cheaper chair, but the padding itself felt akin to a walmart cheapo chair.
>>
this thread hurts my back.

looking for a good chair
>>
>>61100274
Get one on Craigslist. You can pick them up for 2-300 USD all the time. Just make sure you get the right size.
>>
>>61100349
Does Steelcase have an annual sale like HM does? Any idea when it is?

Also, any experience with Haworth chairs?
>>
i lucked out and got an extremely cosmetic+comfy chair for 10 dorra
>>
Monitoring this thread because I'm in the need for a good chair.

Price range is around $600.

I've sat on my friends DX Racer and another friend's Cougar (similar racing style), liked them both but I feel like I could spend more and do better. I just want something comfortable to sit in after work and game, program, etc.

Suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
i cant use those stretched fabric chairs or leathery chairs, i seems to be great at absolutely destroying chairs. id love to get a steel chair that will never givin to my accidental abuse.

are there any companies that make metal or solid chairs?

im skinny but have a butt, i can sit on anything comfortably.
>>
>>61100448
I've got that, fucking mistake of a chair.
>>
File: 1475728590352.gif (25KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475728590352.gif
25KB, 247x200px
>>61097532
I want an Aeron but good luck finding a selling point with non-rip off prices in Belgium. I am willing to pay more to the store owner but not at 80% on top of a 1200EUR suggested retail price. I shit you not one of the only physical stores sells Aerons for 2200eur, that is $2460.

Is 2500USD worth the Aeron, anons?
>>
>>61102967
Used/refurbished or buy from another store in the EU?
>>
>>61100493
>>61100545
>>61100571
>he purposely designed weird, uncomfortable chairs
that's what city departments do in public places now. They make awkward hard to sit benches so people would move around more, visit shops, etc etc, and so no lazy bums sleep on them
>>
File: HermemeMillerEmbody.jpg (1MB, 2764x6115px) Image search: [Google]
HermemeMillerEmbody.jpg
1MB, 2764x6115px
>>
>>61103775
>bottom middle pic
Is this what apex autism looks like?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.