[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Software project planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0002.png (2KB, 430x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.png
2KB, 430x300px
Sick of procrastinating on my side project /g/

How to adequately plan milestones etc?

I find it really hard to set goals and measure progress when the answer to "when should I have this done" is always yesterday.

Am I alone? How do you deal with this? Any tools or tricks?
>>
>>61096730
Install gentoo
>>
>Am I alone? How do you deal with this? Any tools or tricks?

By stopping complicating yourself with digital garbage and realizing that the analog way is superior.
>>
>>61096960

Sure. I wasn't necessarily looking for a digital system - what system of organisation do you use for your notebook/planner?
>>
>>61097010
not him but you cold take a look at "getting things done", it proposes a way to organize your life into projects and subtasks
otherwise for software projects i like kanban boards
>>
File: 1497742769645-g.jpg (185KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497742769645-g.jpg
185KB, 400x600px
>>61096730
I'm pretty sure you were asking a more anti-procrastination and how do I do stuff tip than what
>>61096960
thought you meant
look up Jordan Peterson on YouTube, he has some great lectures on procrastination, goals and success.
Essentially, make a list of things you could do today of things you could feasibly do today and be better off tomorrow. Put this list (physically like a note) in your pocket, and whenever you can/ feel you should, look at it and try to get something done. This way you will almost always be going uphill at least.
>>
File: travelers-notebook-brown-7.png (324KB, 562x421px) Image search: [Google]
travelers-notebook-brown-7.png
324KB, 562x421px
>>61097010
I use the Midori Traveller's Notebook with the 005 and 017 refills.

But, there are other ways that may suit you better like bullet journals, there is huge community around it. There are also other brands, types of notebooks, sizes, etc.
>>
>>61097162
I sorta use Kanban boards but in an image editor with infinite canvas.
Infinite Painter on Android.
Use colors for IDing the type of task, be it daily tasks, weekly tasks, monthly and long-term goals.

Previously used some note-taking app, I think it was that Samsung S Note. But I got progressively more and more annoyed with its shit interface and ended up just not using it.
Just little things that all bubbled up to an overall awful experience.

For paper, I split page in half.
On right side, I split it in half vertically.
The bottom-right section is for PLANNING out stuff. A scratch-space if you will.
Then the right-top side, it is for visual stuff. (be it UI design, layouts of rooms, landscapes, whatever)
Left side is for discrete ideas that have been made concrete and finalized. (to save fannying around with erasers)
I leave a 2-character space at each item for its priority and status. I use numbers for that.
I used to use shapes for status, but it was a waste of time so got away from it. 0-9 is fine.
>>
>>61097554
Woops, no, not Infinite Painter, that's the other one.
Infinite Design is the correct one.
Both are useful regardless.
>>
>>61097163
>Jordan Peterson
kind of sick of this pseudo intellectual's name being circulated everywhere
>>
>>61097180
full size or passport?
>>
>>61096730
small taks until you are focused on the project
>>
>>61098953
Full size, I like the extra space.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.