[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open Source Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 453643433.png (544KB, 648x580px) Image search: [Google]
453643433.png
544KB, 648x580px
>Using open source garbage in 2017

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/06/kmail-pgp-plain-text-bug

LMAO, I thought you guys learned to don't use hobbyist shit for critical important tasks.

Didn't you retards learned anything afte the OpenSSL fiasco?

Just because something is "open source" doesn't mean the code has been reviewed by all the cyber security experts in the world. If it happened to something like OpenSSL that is used by fortune 500 companies of course it also happens for open source software written by literally who's.

Lunix ecosystem is a fucking joke.
>>
>using anything kde
its like youre asking for bugs
>>
File: xd.gif (211KB, 154x122px) Image search: [Google]
xd.gif
211KB, 154x122px
>>61096655
LMAO!! XDDDD
>>
everyone knows that the correct way to send encrypted email is not to let the email client (local or webmail) try to do it for you. You use PGP (or some other system) manually and paste the ciphertext in like you would a regular plaintext mail.
>>
>>61096655
>KDE
Just found the problem
>>
>>61097290
Pretty much.
>using someone else's self-rolled crypto
Deserve what you get.
>>61097343
This. Relying on KDE and its frontends for something you should learn how to do yourself with already proven and tested solutions is a recipe for disaster.
>>
the fact it went unnoticed for 4 years tells me that literally nobody used it in the way mentioned
>>
>>61096655
>Using proprietary garbage in 2017

https://cert.europa.eu/static/SecurityAdvisories/2017/CERT-EU-SA2017-012.pdf

LMAO, I thought you guys learned to don't use privative shit for critical important tasks.

Didn't you retards learned anything afte all the RCE vulnerabilities and exploits?

Just because something is "proprietary" doesn't mean the code has been reviewed by all the cyber security experts in the world. If it happened to something like Windows that is used by fortune 500 companies of course it also happens for proprietary software written by literally who's.

Wangblows ecosystem is a fucking joke.
>>
Why would anyone schedule an email to be sent later? That sounds like a stupid feature.
>>
File: berry.jpg (136KB, 1080x1094px) Image search: [Google]
berry.jpg
136KB, 1080x1094px
If the program was closed source, nobody would ever have found out about this bug in the first place.
>>
>>61096655
>Implying someone actually use kmail

Even kmail developers doesn't use this shit. KDE is a big pile of abandonware brought there just to check out the list.
>>
poo
in
the
loo
>>
test
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.