[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am writing a short paper about touchscreens for university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I am writing a short paper about touchscreens for university and I thought that this might provoke some interesting autism-less discussion here on /g/.

Right now I'm on the history part of touchscreens and I have written down that they have existed as early as 1973 in CERN, later popping up in point-of-sale systems, Casio calculators and so on through the 80s and 90s.

But what was your first experience using a touchscreen, /g/? Mine was pic related and I feel like it was probably the earliest widespread piece of technology with an integrated touchscreen, predating the iPhone.
>>
no one cares about your gimmicky video game little baby. by then we already had gta on ps2.
>>
ATMs
>>
>>61096090
Mall Map kiosk
>>
>>61096090
>earliest widespread piece of technology with an integrated touchscreen, predating the iPhone.

palm pilots for a consumer product, tablet pcs too and
>>61096295
>>61096786

were shit everyone had experience with
>>
>>61096090
>autism-less discussion
>/g/
>>
>>61096090
I snuck away from the table and went out to the bar to play on one of those old CRT touchscreen gambling games when I was a boy.
>>
>>61096949
>gambling
You were a dumbass kid.
>>
>>61096090
>>But what was your first experience using a touchscreen, /g/?
A Palm PDA.
>>
I used a lot of touch screen kiosks back in the day, but the first touchscreen that was not a pain in the ass to use was the nintendo ds, and then the iPhone
>>
gamecom
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.