[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PANOPTICISM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: calipso.jpg (152KB, 432x328px) Image search: [Google]
calipso.jpg
152KB, 432x328px
>lower crime rate
>self governing
>no desire to vote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticism

What's not to love?
(inb4 privacy)
>>
>>61091968
Privacy.
>>
>>61091968
niggers and kikes
>>
>>61091968
>lower crime rate
I'll give you this.
>self governing
Dictatorship is not a form of self-government, patrik
>no desire to vote
Not being able to vote is not the same as not wanting to vote. Also not a pro.
>>
>>61092011
As long as you're not committing a crime you have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>61091968
Privacy.
>>
>>61091968
Why don't we just kill ourselves?
>>
>>61092057
>Dictatorship is not a form of self-government, patrik
Government itself as you know it eventually dissolves. One system eventually takes over as judge, jury, executioner when it is able to predict from your facial and body language.
>Not being able to vote is not the same as not wanting to vote. Also not a pro.
But democracy is counterintuitive if you simply don't need it.
>>
>>61092079
What if everything that is not robotic "working" is considered a crime?

Hell, people now go into prison for writing "mean" things online.
>>
>>61092124
I can't believe what you just said.
>>
>>61092153
If you had ever read a history book, you would understand why this is bad and needs to be stopped. You think this is an evolution of society and government? It is not, it is a devolution, the end of a grand experiment that we call liberitarian democracy. I'm not saying that our way of life will end and be replaced by something akin to your idea, I'm just saying it will be a dark day when it happens.
>>
>>61092205
There will always be a human element involved at the administration level. It won't be entirely autonomous.
>>
>>61092305
There you go. I can't believe what you just said.
>>
To live in a society with no privacy you must first accept that all laws and rules that are set by your overseers apply equally and fairly to everyone. Since none of us are perfect this does not work. Have a bad though about the way the system works? You are a threat to be dealt with immediately lest you spread idealism.

Suddenly get a sexual urge outside what has been set as 'normal'? Again you must be dealt with.

Rules and laws are meant to be broken in order for them to evolve to sociological changes. If you have no privacy then you have means of progressing beyond a stagnant dictatorship.
>>
>>61091968
>What's not to love?
Laws are imperfect. Set in stone will halt progress. Rebellions are part of our evolution as humanity.
>>
>>61092374
>>61092313
The logical solution is to remove the imperfection called "humans" when a working AI is possible
>>
>>61092374
>To live in a society with no privacy you must first accept that all laws and rules that are set by your overseers apply equally and fairly to everyone.
You will eventually comply, but OK.
>You are a threat to be dealt with immediately lest you spread idealism.
Not necessarily, but you will be heavily monitored.
>Suddenly get a sexual urge outside what has been set as 'normal'? Again you must be dealt with.
Of course.
>Rules and laws are meant to be broken in order for them to evolve to sociological changes.
My my.
>If you have no privacy then you have [no] means of progressing beyond a stagnant dictatorship.
It will be decentralized and there will be no need for changing it once the system is programmed to differentiate between correct/incorrect behavior.
>>
>>61092474

>>61092552
Pseudo intelligence.
>>
Why should an intelligent AI respect humans, when they are inferior to itself? Just like humans don't respect animals, the logical evolutionary consequence would be for the AI to overpower and control the humans.
>>
>>61092348
>>61092633
Nobody asked you to belive. Infact their is nothing to belive. You asked for things not to like about your pseudo-totalitarian ideology and we answerd.
>>
>>61092660
There is no self, it is just a system of machines. Do not say AI. It is wise not to think of it as AI specifically at this stage.

>>61092749
Alright let's go. It was a rhetorical question.
>>
>>61092824
>There is no self, it is just a system of machines. Do not say AI. It is wise not to think of it as AI specifically at this stage.
I mean a hypothetical AI that possesses legitimate intelligence like humans
Remember that humans are basically just very advanced machines themselves
>>
>>61092824
Go where? Some place without criticism? Like reddit? Good idea!
>>
>>61092910
I can't believe you. At least you see how the system works now. I inject a predetermined verbal response to your rebellious behavior, and the machine records your biometric response. This is the monitoring stage.
>>
>>61091968
Blockchain and smart contracts Will solve both problems. We Just need better ai.
>>
>>61091968
How about privacy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MImkMx3ZNWI
>>
>>61093063
You still do not need to belive, since there is nothing that asked you to belive or promted you to belive. I have a feeling that you are graping a lot less than you think you are, but I am not sure...
>>
>>61093205
Please stop calling it ai.

>>61093341
My my.
>>
File: Smug.jpg (13KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
Smug.jpg
13KB, 326x326px
>>61093681
>>
>>61093898
dumb
>>
>yes goy make the basilisks job even easier!
>>
File: Memetic_hazard_warning.png (30KB, 233x240px) Image search: [Google]
Memetic_hazard_warning.png
30KB, 233x240px
>>61094836
STOP
>>
>>61094836
gross
>>
>>61093205
It will still take decades to fully integrate into society once they're implemented.
>>
>>61092079
Define 'crime' citizen
>>
File: _c425900_image_0.jpg (38KB, 490x349px) Image search: [Google]
_c425900_image_0.jpg
38KB, 490x349px
>>61094836
>>
>>61092124
t-thats illegal anon!
>>
Can't wait to apply my constitutional rights when robots take over. Especially the second amendment.
>>
File: giphy-downsized-large-1.gif (3MB, 527x341px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-downsized-large-1.gif
3MB, 527x341px
>>61097144
Your actions will be predicted and you will lose.
>>
>>61096873
Oh boy.
>>
>>61100619
of all the threads about to fall off the last page you bump this shit show?
>>
>>61100652
>>
>>61098173
This isn't chess. A few 7.62 rounds to the 10 meg pipe main frame API and the AI goes down.
>>
>>61092313
Now imagine some sjw gets into that position of power...
>>
>>61092079
Bootlicker.
>>
>>61092313
>He trusts people
Oh sweet summer child
>>
>>61091968
>originally developed by French philosopher Michel Foucault in his book Discipline and Punish.
What happened to Jeremy Bentham? He getting written out of history now?
>>
>>61092824
>There is no self
Wrong, Empirically the self is the best ontological explanation.
>>
>>61092305
>end of a grand experiment that we call liberitarian democracy
>end
>libertarian democracy
How can there be an end to something that never began?
>>
>>61093205
>Blockchain and smart contracts Will solve both problems.
They absolutely will, but the result may not be one you like.
>Once the world has cryptographically secure government, it will wonder how it ever lived without it.
>In the world of today, the security of all governments is dependent on mere personal loyalty. The US Army could take over Washington tomorrow, if it wanted to. It certainly cannot be compelled to obey the President, the Supreme Court, the Congress, or anyone else. It so happens that the US military has a strong tradition of loyalty - a tradition that was tested, for example, in the case of the Bonus Army. Would today's Army fire on an American mob? Especially a mob that shared its political orientation? Hopefully we will not find out.
>The only reason that we accept this appalling and dangerous state of affairs is that we don't know there's an alternative. But there is, actually - in the form of permissive action links. This is an old Cold War design that implements the command side of a CDCC, for nuclear weapons only. (The control codes are in the President's pocket.)
>In a full CDCC government, the sovereign decision and command chain is secured from end to end by military-grade cryptography. All government weapons - not just nukes, but everything right down to small arms - are inoperable without code authorization. In any civil conflict, loyal units will find that their weapons work. Disloyal units will have to improvise. The result is predictable, as results should be.
>Cryptographic command of the military has a critical effect on political dynamics: it makes public opinion irrelevant. Today, even the most militaristic of military despotisms has to invest considerable effort in persuading, cajoling or compelling the public to support it, because the army is inevitably drawn from that public. Witness Marmont, who decided his chances were better with Orleans than Artois.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.