[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CompEng vs CompSci

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

Wouldn't computer engineers have an easier time finding jobs since they have to learn programming in addition to understanding the hardware side of things? Can't they do everything CompSci grads can do and then some?
>>
>>61086878
>Thinking that there's much of a difference between science and engineering.
>>
File: 1447539110778.png (2MB, 1064x983px) Image search: [Google]
1447539110778.png
2MB, 1064x983px
Does it matter when there aren't going to be any jobs left for either in a few years?
>>
File: 1498461298653-g.png (152KB, 2440x595px) Image search: [Google]
1498461298653-g.png
152KB, 2440x595px
>>61086892
You're the next clown
>>
File: HOLLYWOOD.jpg (116KB, 1135x966px) Image search: [Google]
HOLLYWOOD.jpg
116KB, 1135x966px
>>61086901
According to what, that "will robots take my job" website? Because no, there will be plenty of jobs for both. Only programmers need to worry.

And actors.
>>
>>61086878
Who said compeng have a harder time? If you aren't a complete retard or have high standards you can definitely find a job faster than a compsci grad 9 times out of 10

Compsci grads have a eaier path to certain high paying jobs in California which their paychecks tend to go back to California's government but outside California CompEng grads will succeed and keep majority of their paycheck especially in states like Nevada , Florida , Texas even Michigan
>>
>>61086901
Those are going to be the only jobs in a few years.
>>
>>61086947
Well, according to literally every single piece of information on the internet published by literally every single publisher and every single college and every single job site and every single review site and every single news site and every single scholarly article, computer science is the more employable degree.
>>
>>61086878
>Can't they do everything CompSci grads can do and then some?
They can't.

t. someone who have worked with compeng """programmers""" in the industry.
>>
File: 1375242018674.gif (142KB, 948x543px) Image search: [Google]
1375242018674.gif
142KB, 948x543px
>>61086878
Every STEM major can do everything a CS grad can do.
>>
>>61088429
Everyone can do everything, there's just only so much time in the day so you pick your specialty
>>
>>61086878
no
CS is an umbrella term to many different areas of specialization. some pick data science, some pick game design, some embedded, some pick scientific computing, some pick actual computer science. hardware only really applies to a few concepts and relates a lot more to low level computing down to transistor-transistor logic (which is EE style shit) to the ALU and up to compiler design (which is intersectional with CS). so no, one is not the union of one and the other. employers deeper than "i program" or "i make circuits"; cisco is not hiring you to write network firmware for routers if you do ui/ux.
>>
>>61087019
Not him but scholar articles today are so biased and or politically charged I highly doubt it

Comp eng degrees can be used for more than just coding and more than just engineering
>>
>>61090571
t. NEET
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.