[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just bought an E6430 that literally looks new for 350 bucks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: e6430.jpg (693KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
e6430.jpg
693KB, 3264x1836px
just bought an E6430 that literally looks new for 350 bucks. Did i fuck up? think i'll swap out the LCD later for 1600x900
>>
incase specs too small
>i7-3540m
>8gb memory
>1366x768
>250gb WD SSD
>secondary 500gbHD via caddy
>>
>>61082766
The screen is shit, but otherwise it isn't half bad for the price. Slap your favorite distro on that bad boy and you're good to go.
>>
>>61082766
what condition is the screen? over all?
>>
>>61082766
it's smaller than my dick, anon

looks sturdy
it should serve you well
>>
File: 20170625_164304.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170625_164304.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>61082971
cool thanks
>>61082972
screen is great, i just think swapping to better
resolution is to be done in near future. The illuminated keyboard is badass too, overall it looks just new.
>>61083004
sweet, anything that should be added or good to go?
>>
>>61082766
We're using E6430s and E6440s at work, pretty much the top of the line configurations. They are quite nice in general, but both models have some seriously shit cooling, at least for the quad core i7s they come with. I've got a 6440 and it gets >90C at 60-70% CPU load and no 3D GPU load and the 6430s are exactly the same. They all throttle like fuck and I don't even want to know how bad it would be if you ran something that's demanding both for the CPU and GPU at the same time. They do the job but the shit cooling is disappointing.

Pretty happy with my 6440 though since it's very nicely compatible with Linux, it pretty much just werks, though a friend/coworker with a 6430 with some NVIDIA Quadro GPU has had a lot of trouble getting 3 screens (laptop + 2 external via docking station) to work.
>>
I'm actually new here and surprised to see the great replies! thought you guys would be saying how i fucked up not getting a Lenovo, is there small minority that appreciates Dell laptops?
>>
>>61083083
maybe replacing thermal paste is good idea in my case..
>>
I have a Dell e6400. That fucker does not want to die after 8 years of abuse.
>>
>>61083049
You can have a beautiful OLED screen with a resolution of 1366x768 and it will still be shit. Getting a better resolution is a good choice.

The specs are pretty solid for the price. The fact that it has a modestly sized SSD in addition to a HD is nice for the price.
Illuminated keyboard? A+ feature right there kiddo.
>>
>>61082766
The hospital I work at has tons of them. I actually really like tham. Plus the control key is in a comfy position and the track point is really nice. The hinges seem to get loose quickly though. Overall a good buy OP.
>>
>>61083158
how shitty you think a generic lcd is? should i not even bother and get directly from Dell?
>>61083150
i imagine you have little to no battery life left? can you even get reliable replacements?
>>
>>61083150
Can confirm. Used e6400 for years. Those things just never die.
>>
>>61083188
My old high school got a bunch of new ones so I just swapped my shitty one with one of the newer ones. Same with the DVD drive.
>>
>>61083188
Generic isn't a problem. Most laptop manufacturers use generic panels to make their laptops because it's way cheaper than making their own. It's likely the screen is manufactured by Samsung.

The thing you might have to worry about is the cable that connects the motherboard to the screen. Sometimes they aren't fit to deliver a higher resolution signal and you'll need to buy one that is. They're called LVDS cables and you'll need one that works with your laptop.
>>
>>61083116
Maybe, I don't know if the stock one is shit or not. The company owns the laptops so I haven't fucked with the one I use.
>>
>>61083085
Most people here don't give a shit about the brand; as long as it suits your needs, then you're good.
>>
>>61083085
Don't expect attitude about a Latitude.
As long as the laptop has a nipple, I have no problems with it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.