[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dvorak-keyboards and the like, what kind of a contrarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1328.jpg (111KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
1328.jpg
111KB, 640x639px
The dvorak-keyboards and the like, what kind of a contrarian needs something like that? Calling out all users of these, stop making yourselves retarded.
>>
>>61081402
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>61081402
Cool, after all that typing on QWERTY be sure to soak your hands in some ice water.
>>
I used to use dvorak for a while knowing completely that studies consistently indicate that the advantages to dvorak are negligible. The thing that stopped me was mostly keybinds. Well, emacs, specifically. And window managers. Obviously you can remap keybinds pretty easily for both cases, but it's a lot of work, and remapping everything on every computer gets fatiguing. Thus, I use the standard qwerty configuration.

What gravitated me towards dvorak wasn't the fact that it was more efficient. I assure you, I have and never had any illusions about dvorak or any other bullshit keyboard optimizations. What was appealing to me was the learning curve of dvorak.

I guess you could say I'm the kind of autist who studies conlangs, on top of actual, real languages. I'm fluent in Esperanto, at least. Sort of. I can hold my own in Lojban, although don't actually quote me on that.

What I mean to say is that I think learning how to use a different keyboard configuration is, in a minor way, a fun and entertaining thing to do. As a kid, I bought some international keyboards and practised learning writing in French that way. I never really figured out French, honestly, but I loved the experience, so that's where I'm coming from. It's like an easier and more practical compromise from learning ASL. I just love the visceral experience of it.

The way it subverts your muscle memory, forcing you to be cognizant of every key you're pressing, even though, intuitively, unconsciously, you think that you're more in control than you actually are I just loved.

I remember, one time, in college, while using dvorak, I was typing on one of the qwerty keyboards in my school library, and my hands just went numb. Like, it felt as though they were filled with concrete. It felt amazing. Like a really good workout. Something about that is just so sublime.
>>
I like Colemak.
>>
>>61084103
I would love to be your friend, you sound like my kind of guy.
>>
>>61081402
>you need to be a contrarian to deviate from the norm
normalfaggots, everyone
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.