[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microphone Talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG20170501_231940_-643225967.jpg (70KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20170501_231940_-643225967.jpg
70KB, 512x512px
I tried to ask the fellas in the headphone general this question. They wanted to talk about headphones though. So I guess I will start a thread for it after all.

What kind of microphones do you guys use? I was looking at the audio technica at2020 but when I research this people say to go with the blue yeti instead.

Well /g/ what mic should I go with? What kind of microphone do you use? Let's talk about microphones.
>>
Damn we're moving pretty fast today.
>>
>>61080581
Future Gooteks, the Gooteks from the future.
>>
It depends on what you need a mic for. I only use mine to play vidya with friends so I just have a cheap $15 desktop mic and it works fine. If you're actually recording stuff then that's way different.
>>
I just need a nice clear sounding mic. As clear as possible. Roommate might borrow it for podcasting or something. I'll need it for conference calls for work (want to sound as clear as possible).

I play music from time to time. Not sure how that will fit in, but if I can use a mic for something I would want the option maybe?
>>
>>61080581
>>61081411
at2020 is a great mic. Anyone saying a blue yeti is better over the at2020 is retarded. Also if you don't want to use xlr the atr2500 is a good all around mic and is usb.
>>
>>61081534
I watched a few videos, I think they were comparing the at2020 to the blue yeti USB ($130). They said that the yeti has multiple modes via software that allows you switch depending on what you need.
Ie: record directly in front of the mic while canceling surrounding noise, capture the whole room, etc...

Most of the time that stuff is just gimmicky crap. I was trying to confirm that.

I do have a 2i2 interface so I could XLR if I wanted but I've never messed with it before.

Any other mics you would suggest anon?
>>
>>61081806
Yeah imo the modes are snake oil. If your mic is good you shouldn't need noise canceling. Also the CAD GXL2600USB is a decent mic.
>>
>>61080581
For a really basic mic for chat and skype calls and shit the Blue Snowflake works very well and doesn't require any drivers.
>>
File: IMG20161216_212232_940074692.jpg (374KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20161216_212232_940074692.jpg
374KB, 900x675px
Does /g/ have a handy chart of good mics by chance?
>>
>>61081993
Cool dude I'll look into that mic thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>61082774
np, can't go wrong with any of those. I currently use an at2020 at home and atr2500 at work for calls and recording voice over for user documentation. Have no complaints about either.
>>
File: h1_sides.jpg (88KB, 660x1044px) Image search: [Google]
h1_sides.jpg
88KB, 660x1044px
I use a Zoom H1. It's a portable recorder that can also be used as a desk mic by using a tripod or a microphone arm. To use it as a desk mic, you just plug it in via USB.
>>
That's pretty neat anon. How's the sound quality?
>>
>>61083992
Just look up reviews and sound demos.

Here is one I found as an example: https://youtu.be/TRVdENNiDmE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.