[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do that makes working with technology/IT fun? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

What do you do that makes working with technology/IT fun?

I've been working in IT for the last 10 years, mainly user support. I used to be up on the newest technologies and used to toy around with stuff that caught my interest. The last thing I did that I enjoyed was modchipping my original Xbox, so it's been awhile since I tinkered around for the hell of it. It felt like a big accomplishment taking something I didn't know how to do and figure it out; it was fun. Now though, I lack the drive to do anything like the sort. I tried my hand at programming, but couldn't stay interested enough to keep going. I got the basics down, but had a hard time trying to make anything from scratch.

So what makes you really enjoy IT? Any tips for someone thats lost their passion for it? I'm leaning towards getting a Pi and seeing what's available out there for it in the developer communities.
>>
I transitioned from 2D content creation to 3D content creation. Started learning how to code. I learned statistics and been toying with big data sets from social networks. Currently trying to learn ANNs. The moor tools you have the more possibilities open up. I wish I had more time.
>>
I seem to be good at figuring out problems with computers and shit. Don't even really like computers myself which is the big irony. Wish I had been smart enough to become a philosopher
>>
fuck yeah trogdor
>>
>>61078745
>mainly user support

Get out of that bullshit asap
Nothing kills the fun like dealing with customers or even non-it coworkers
>>
>>61078745
The thing with programming is you need to find a problem to solve that directly affects you. That's the best way to learn in my opinion.
>>
>>61080344

Desktop support, as odd as it sounds, is the only part of IT I like so far. I don't know where I want to move to next. I've tried taking up programming and networking, but they don't seem to keep my interest long enough. Whatever I move to I want to be happy with. I was thinking some kind of server management eventually; some kind of position I can work remotely would be ideal.
>>
>>61078745
that arm doesn't look very beefy desu
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.