[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is GIMP still the best open source photoshop clone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: The Great Bell Pepper War.jpg (89KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Great Bell Pepper War.jpg
89KB, 640x400px
Is GIMP still the best open source photoshop clone?
>>
>>61075487
No, there is another.
>>
>>61075514
I disagree.
>>
>>61075487
It hasn't been for years. Krita is absolutely amazing in comparison to GIMP. It beats GIMP in absolutely every conceivable way. I don't understand why it's getting so little traction in the free software community. It's like they WANT their standards to be low or something.

Go take a look at it. They distribute app images so it's really easy to install.
>>
>>61075487
>clone
sage
>>
>>61075487
It's not even the best MS Paint clone lol
>>
>>61077215
well, but Krita is a painting, not photo editing and compositioning tool. doesn't change the fact that GIMP is neither...
>>
File: 1497844149507.jpg (48KB, 253x229px) Image search: [Google]
1497844149507.jpg
48KB, 253x229px
When the year of the linux desktop happens and people start using gimp more then it will get more development but for now the .net *cough cough* I mean botnet is eating up all the programmer resources.

That being said they should also release a version of photoshop for linux but they wont' because small customer base. When the year of the linux desktop happens they will be literally forced to release a linux version so as to compete. For now they are allowed to dick around. For now.
>>
>>61077215
>It's like they WANT their standards to be low or something.
They don't. But they are anyways, because that's the state of free software.

>>61077568
>For now.
You keep telling yourself that buddy. Linux is too fragmented to make any sort of push into the mainstream.
>>
File: Untitled.png (172KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
172KB, 640x640px
Friendly reminder photoshop can't make green peppers.
>>
what's the green peppers meme
>>
Sorry Pajeet. Photoshop is not a good enough reason to suffer windows. Stick with the vidya gaymen line.
>>
File: eeq6han.png (301KB, 592x1836px) Image search: [Google]
eeq6han.png
301KB, 592x1836px
>>61077758
>>
>>61075487
paint.net
>>
>>61077758
The green pepper is a default brush in GIMP.

I've never used Photoshop, only GIMP. Recently I had to use PS because I wanted to edit an image on a work PC and I can't install GIMP there. It took me way too long to find the bucket fill tool. You cannot create new layers by right-clicking in the layers window. I couldn't find an option for "color to alpha" or "threshold alpha".
well, I ended up not doing the changes. didn't want to waste any more time on figuring out how to do just everything.

if that is how people feel when they are used to PS and try GIMP, i can understand where the dislike comes from. though i am not stupid enough to blame my inexperience on the program.
>>
FYI. I just opened gimp g'mic plugin and got an update notification. The link was for the wrong version (qt), but they one from here werked.
http://gmic.eu/files/prerelease/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.