[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey there m8s, I've been trying to make a simple multithreaded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 9ce.png (84KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
9ce.png
84KB, 557x605px
Hey there m8s,

I've been trying to make a simple multithreaded server-client app lately and I managed to connect it just fine (only if both machines are on the same network).

What I was wondering is how exactly can I make it able to connect to remote networks too? Changing the IP to the public IP of the server won't work and the firewall's open too
Im using java
>inb4 pajeet
>>
>>61072331
>Changing the IP to the public IP of the server won't work
umm.. maybe your server is behind a router and the router isn't configured properly?
also vpn maybe?
>>
>>61072355
It IS behind a router but if that mattered then it raises the question of how does teamviewer e.g just werks? Isnt it the same principle?
>>
>>61072396
no, teamviewer doesn't need port forwarding cause it connects to tv's network.. for your stuff you need to configure port forwarding on your router
>>
>>61072462
>connects to tv's network
?
>>
>>61072510
when you open teamviewer, it connects to their servers and gives you an ID.. when you have a server running on port 3389 (default rdp) for example. You connect to your server public IP adress and the request reaches your router, but if haven't told the router what to do when the request comes to port 3389 he will not allow the connection
>>
>>61072607
the standard case is you tell the router when a request comes to port 3389 to redirect it to the internal IP address of the server. for example 192.168.0.200
and the magic happens
>>
>>61072607
>>61072633
I get it thanks
What I don't get is why the connection coming FROM the server TO the client isnt refused
>>
>>61072671
cause it's the same network
port forwarding is needed only you if you have a connection comes from outside your network
>>
>>61072690
I meant for the teamviewer network
If I cant connect to a PC because of the router/firewall then how come Teamviewer's server is able to issue a reply to the PC
>>
>>61072671
Some ISPs use private IP addresses which could give these symptoms

What does
https://www.whatismyip.com/

say about your ISP?
>>
>>61072714
teamviewer doesn't need port forwarding because it acts like a vpn
>>
>>61072738
true but its rare
>>
>>61072762
Whats the difference between a VPN server and a normal server, thats what I dont get

What makes their requests different so they can pass through routers while others cant, can't I set a 24/7 online PC as a buffer server for multiple hosts? If I do that, the client host will be able to send messages to the buffer and subsequently to the server host, but how will the buffer communicate with the client
>>
>>61072800
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network
i'm not gonna explain how the network works
>>
>>61072841
I know what a VPN is
whatever thanks
>>
Wait I think I figured it out

If a client makes a request to a server and the server replies back, the server reply is not dropped by the firewall/router, right? Assuming it uses the same port
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.