[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fitness band thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1222_sunbiz_gift_guide.jpg (1MB, 3905x2821px) Image search: [Google]
1222_sunbiz_gift_guide.jpg
1MB, 3905x2821px
Is there any fitness band/clock without botnet? What do you use? What do you recommend? Let's talk about it
>>
>>61068908
why would anyone buy this crap found one of the newer fitbit bands or whatever its called and i sold it on ebay for 82 bucks its a waste of money
>>
pebble? bought out and shutting down their servers this year. no servers = no more botnet (assuming someone doesn't just take over their data collection)
>>
>>61068908
a p p l e

w
a
t
c
h

only downside is you need to use an iphone for it to work
>>
>is there any device that tracks my movements throughout the day recording them in as much detail as possible and storing them on a remote server that isn't a botnet?
>>
>>61068908
Non.

>Do they count calories intake?
No, what's their use?
>Do they count calories outtake?
No, what's their use?
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/23/fitness-trackers-bad-at-calorie-counting-stanford-study.html

They are 100 useless.
>>
I'm pretty sure your phone's GPS will be a lot more accurate than them.

Just get a smartwatch or something if you really want an electronic device on your wrist
>>
My company gave execs Polar Loops during last year's annual retreat

Been using to monitor sleep, it's not very useful as most functions are possible with an Android phone anyway

It has a visual alert but no vibration, so it usually gets ignored
>>
Xiaomi mi band 2 is the real deal bro. Bought it for 15 euros
>>
>>61070537
i have this too, the app is a fucking andy sixx tier piece of shit but there are alternatives

i fucking hate that there is no way to integrate everything, i have withings scales but is there some way to view my muscle mass and avg beat per minute in one place? fuck no
>>
>>61068908
apple watch, seriously.
It for some fucking reason makes exercising more enjoyable and that sensor is really accurate.
>>
>I'm wearing a Fitbit, I'm so healthy!
>>
>>61072574
real question is does it accurately track your calorie usage while giving head to homeless men
>>
>>61068908
>literally wearable botnet that doesn't even do notifications
Anon do you really think I go on /fit/?
>>
File: IMG_20170625_064025808.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_064025808.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
Polar A300 is excellent for the money. External heart rate monitor works really well, and battery life is optimum. And their CMS is vast, especially with the heart rate monitor.
>>
>>61073021
looks like a cereal box toy
>>
>>61073040
>toy
And what on earth do you think fitness bands are?
Unless you're extremely serious about what the sport you're doing there's no reason to own one. Just fucking run, pedal or whatever you're doing. Most fitness band owners are owning them for the circlejerk and showoff potential, not because they need them.
>>
Garmin fenix 5
>>
>>61068908
>buying a botnet device that sends your data to a company that makes you pay to see said data

Really jogs my noggin
>>
>>61073896

You guys are aware o f Gadgetbridge, right?
>>
I recommend Garmin, most their watches are on the expensive side, however they actually have the ability to let you write your own apps and watch faces. The battery generally lasts between 5 days to 2 weeks. Most track swimming and are water proof.
>>
>>61073073
Because it makes working out fun, I like tracking my progress of how I'm doing. You can call it pointless, but this has kept me motivated for the last couple years.
>>
File: IMG_20170618_0951341.jpg (2MB, 3143x2948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_0951341.jpg
2MB, 3143x2948px
The power reserve on my watch serves as Fitness tracker.
>>
>>61068908
I got a shitty sw10 that I found on a burnt out ski slope
>>
>>61069464

$22 for miband 2 is good value.

Use mine as watch, it's as cheap as shittiest Casio w/o the rapist look.
>>
>>61077557
Twice as expensive, much worse screen and 1 week battery life instead of several years.

But yeah I guess if you think a real watch makes you look like a rapist then a big ass silicon band is great aesthetic alternative.
>>
>>61074673
You seem like a really fun and interesting person.
>>
>>61068908
Get one that's supported by Gadget Bridge, only thing is that some asshole filed a bullshit DMCA take-down request with GitHub over someone posting a screen-shot of his closed-source third-party Mi Band app but hopefully it gets resolved soon. Gadget Bridge supports Pebble watches too if you want something that doesn't look like a fitness tracker, just don't put too much faith in them being impervious to water damage.
>>
>>61077707

Battery lasts a month

Display is oled, kinda hard to read only in bright sunlight.

I like silicon band but there are bands that suit every taste or lack of it.
>>
>>61078291
>every taste or lack of it.
good one
>>
>>61069551
Plus, the battery life is less than 24 hours I believe. For me that's an automatic deal breaker. Seriously, you can't manage one full day.
>>
>>61069512
Plus you can use Pebble with gadgetbridge (once the """developer""" shitlord of Mi Tools reverses the DMCA issue)
>>
>>61069629
Xiaomi Mi Band or Pebble Time/Pebble 2 with GadgetBridge. No other way, any other device is a flaming botnet
>>
>>61074673
>>>61073073
>Because it makes working out fun, I like tracking my progress of how I'm doing. You can call it pointless, but this has kept me motivated for the last couple years.

My brother. Someone who gets it
>>
>>61073073
>>>61073040
>>toy
>And what on earth do you think fitness bands are?
>Unless you're extremely serious about what the sport you're doing there's no reason to own one. Just fucking run, pedal or whatever you're doing. Most fitness band owners are owning them for the circlejerk and showoff potential, not because they need them.
What kind of neck beard are you??
>>
>>61068908
my father bought a chink one
50e, or something like that
it looks like a fitbit knockoff, but at a better price point, and without botnet
the biggest sell point of it is that it includes Heart Rate monitor and Blood Pressure
>>
>>61068908
What's the second to the left called ?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.