[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately Youtube ads have been appearing despite running ABP.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: dark_banner.png (88KB, 1000x346px) Image search: [Google]
dark_banner.png
88KB, 1000x346px
Lately Youtube ads have been appearing despite running ABP.

Did something change?

What's the remedy?
>>
File: uBlock.png (28KB, 519x580px) Image search: [Google]
uBlock.png
28KB, 519x580px
>>61067337
>>
>>61067337
ABP is shit go to >>>/g/sqt
Let this thread die
>>
>>61067337
Update your filters.
>>
>>61067337
youtube-dl
>>
>>61067396
literally this
>>
>>61067396
This
>>
>>61067337
youtube-dl, and stop watching videos in the browser.
>>
>>61067396
This OP.
>>
>>61067396
ublock origin to be specific

fuck regular ublock
>>
>>61067337

Use Ublock my nigger. I bet you use Windows 10 too don't you?
>>
>>61067396

I am using this and an ad still got through on youtube.
>>
AdBlock and Adblock Plus are prime examples of just how much people try to resist change once they get used to something. uBlock Origin is 1000x better, but the majority, the normies, will refuse to replace their adblocker because "but it's good enough." DAMN NORMIES RUIN EVERYTHING
>>
>>61070393
update your filters then.
>>
>>61067396
/thread
>>
>>61067396
does this actually have better success at adblocking, given the same filter lists?
i thought it was just more memory-efficient
>>
>>61070423
Why do you care, Adblock Plus and uBlock contribute to the same whitelist.
>>
>youtube-dl

wtf? just use
mpv youtube.com/video

it's dumb to download the video, just stream it
>>
>>61068809
where do you watch them? do you print each frame out and make a flick-book?
>>
>>61070772
adblock was sold out to unknown buyer
and it's not blocking anything now
>>
>>61070922
>>61070814
>Specifically want to download the video so I have it available for various times where there is no internet connection. Specifically want to download the video so I have it as a backup in a particular folder and don't have to worry it will be taken down by youtube or the uploader.

>Just stream it bro.

You're an idiot.
>>
Ive found ads slip through quite often in chrome compared to firefox.

Ive never been able to figure it out. Obviously since google is an advertising company they are doing something but it shouldnt be the case
>>
>>61070957
well if you're a retarded hoarder, then you have no salvation
>>
>>61071006
It would obviously be retarded to save everything.

However things like videos from MOOCs, various educational videos you will go over more than once, music videos, etc. In those cases there are plenty of reasons to save it.
>>
>>61070951
??? adblock plus is open source
its mercurial repositiory is here: https://hg.adblockplus.org/

the "acceptable ads" thing is just a filter list that whitelists a bunch of shit, you can enable or disable it like any other filter list
>>
>>61070814
how do you find the url of the video?
>>
>>61067337

At first, I wasn't a fan of uBlock, especially because of it's absolute shite custom element blocker.

Then, Firfox started to run like crap as of late, so I switched to uBlock, and it runs much smoother.

uBlocks element hider is still a total embarrassment, but I found a great element blocking addon and popup blocker for Firefox ...

>Popup Blocker (strict) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/popup-blocker/?src=external-Add-ons_Manager_Context_Menu-extension

>Yet Another Remove It Permanently https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/yarip/?src=external-Add-ons_Manager_Context_Menu-extension
>>
>>61071229
Those are going bye-bye soon.
>>
>>61071229
>uBlocks element hider is still a total embarrassment
How so?
I like it.>>61071229
>>
>>61070393
Sometimes, I've found that the auto-update mechanism gets confused. Go in and manually update, maybe reset your filters list and try the default set.
>>
use mpv to stream youtube videos
>>
I use Imagus and mouse over youtube videos to w atch them directly in browser. VLC + Viewtube used to work but had some other issues and I've not used it in a long time.

uBlock Origin with default lists does NOT block YT. You need the reek anti-anti-anti-adblock FL and JS
>>
>>61072474
>uBlock Origin with default lists does NOT block YT

What? I'm using Ublock Origin with default lists and I've never seen a single ad on a youtube video ever.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.