[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making an arm computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: computer-glove.png (1MB, 1920x814px) Image search: [Google]
computer-glove.png
1MB, 1920x814px
I'm busy trying to make this for a cosplay for comic con, but am unsure of the display.

Currently I am looking at

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5-9-1080P-LS059T1SX01-1080-1920-LCD-screen-with-HDMI-MIPI-driver-board-with-MIPI-connector/32815308232.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.B59n7v

or

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-0-2K-1440x2560-resolution-LS060R1SX01-LCD-Screen-Display-With-HDMI-to-MIPI-Driver-Board-for/32814840894.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.272.B59n7v

No, I don't want to use my phone and a case for this.
I want it to be an actual computer at the end.
>>
>>61063719
I feel you. I could easyly strap a smartphone one my lower arm and pretend but it's simply not the real thing with fucking android.

I looked in varous related hardware, mostly open hardware. I finally got a clue on GPIO and how they could be used for buttons and battery indicator.

The (touch) display wasn't the problem since the beginning. while there are some things to watch out whenever the connector and power fits the boards for example.

The very biggest problem is still there isn't a open source touch screen interface avaible for linux.

Since they axed OPIE and GPE, developers everywhere are hell bend on NOT bringing a usable touch interface for Linux.

It's already beyond the level of a conspiracy.
>>
>>61064368
Unless the pages are accurate and this has a touchscreen in it, I'm going to have to skip.
I can't find better than a 720p rated in this format,
For the case I was planning on a silicone mold from carved polystyrene then recast it in resin.
Buttons would go to momentary switches rigged to a concealed Aruino Micro with a Bluetooth on the TX RX ports and a small 3.3 volt lipol pack powering it all.
That way I can spend too much time in Process trying to make the interface look right and react to the buttons, then deploy it all to some passive SBC

I could just mint an Android app and do all that, thus having it all be driven quietly, but that's not fun.
Plus my intent is to use the HDMI cable as part of the suit stitching, so its kind of spoken for already.

I'm just wanting to know which I should get.

the 2k is 185 USd
1080 p is 151 USD

Is there an issue if I get the 1440 p and scale it down to 1080p or would any output device just autoscale and induce some artifacting if over the specs?
I am using an UDOO X86 Ultra
https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Introduction/Introduction.html
>>
>>61063719
>phone
>ftp into pc
there you go faggot.
>>
>>61064504
>No, I don't want to use my phone and a case for this.

Are you these illiterate Tails users I hear about?
The ones who believe school is a government indoctrination plot?
>>
>>61064460
>https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Introduction/Introduction.html

X86 ...12V.... what? do you want to strap a car battery on your arm too? Sorry, even when you just make something for cosplay, at least consider power requirements a bit more. It wouldn't make much sense if it only runs for 10 Minutes and requires 8 hours of charging.
>>
>>61064715
Its like you don't do any research

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01337QXMA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2.5 hours blaring it to the max playing vidya, 6 for simple use.
>>
File: 5c9.jpg (127KB, 461x458px) Image search: [Google]
5c9.jpg
127KB, 461x458px
>>61064749
*types blindly because screen was smashed in a sudden expression of intense rage*
>>
Why not just buy some cheapo smartphone, build a cool case to surround it with, make a nice animated image and keep it on the display.

You could maybe get away with a teeny tiny SPC with an LCD display connected, but it depends how much work you wanna put in.
>>
>>61064824
Really anon, it basic work on series and parallel circuits for batteries.
Stack the cells right and its easy.
It also does well with an AC inverter FYI.
Just have to obviously keep it below the rating of 72 watt hours.
>>
>>61064846
Because I am wanting to also play video game in the middle of it all.
Something easily done with the SBC and the screen.
I just am unsure which to get.
>>
>>61064850
because you retard aren't building a wearable computer at all there. why not just put a notebook in a backpack and do your cosplay shit with an external touchscreen connected to it? Fuck, this got me. 9/10 OP, completly fell for this bait.
>>
>>61064958
Given that building a computer is just Newegging parts together and then slapping them in their holes and screwing stuff together, how is this not building a computer?
>>
>>61064987
building a computer, maybe. wearable, on your arm? certainly not. well, if you do it anyway make sure to post pics so I can laugh at you.
>>
File: 2017-06-25-1498342311_60x110_.png (10KB, 60x110px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-25-1498342311_60x110_.png
10KB, 60x110px
why would you put so much effort into cosplay faggotry and then fuck it all up with a shit paintjob?
>>
>>61065137
so it looks used?
makes sense imo
>>
why not use an arm cpu instead of an x86 one? (also then it'll be an arm computer on your arm)
>>
>>61063719
Get a raspberry pi zero with a small add on screen, powered by a mobile phone external battery. Done.
You can find parts on pimoroni.
>>
>>61065294
It doesn't look used.
It's just painfully obvious that it's shittily painted. You paint it well and then do the fake rub-off shit. It actually makes a huge difference.
>>
File: yodawg.png (84KB, 226x291px) Image search: [Google]
yodawg.png
84KB, 226x291px
>>61065321
>arm on your arm
>>
>>61065363
was my first thought.
thanks for executing the subtle memeing, my meme loving fuck
>>
>>61065321
Already tried that with Cubietruck.
Arm boards suffer short lifespans for support and distros if not meme tier.
As well, Arm cant do Westwood games and I need my RTS.
>>61065335
Considered but dismissed for doing little else than look cool.
At that point an arduino and touchscreen would work.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.