[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I spilt some water in this and it popped a little bit, can I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: titan-x-power.jpg (58KB, 620x438px) Image search: [Google]
titan-x-power.jpg
58KB, 620x438px
I spilt some water in this and it popped a little bit, can I save it? If not, should I just throw it out?
>>
>>61062828
Maybe.
>>
>>61063001
How? By now the water should be gone. I've been too afraid to test it since I heard the popping. Will it be safe to try it out?
>>
>>61063037
let it sit for a few days while you find your receipt
>>
>>61062828
Throw it out, then throw yourself out.
>>
>>61062828
can't wait when it corrodes under the pins of the mosfets and fries the main GPU die
>>
>>61062828
It was just water? If yes, disassembly the cooler, clean the cooler and pcb(gpu) with isopropyl alcohol, wait until it dries(at least for 48 hours) and assembly again.
>>
>>61063262
*dont clean it with a cloth or paper towel, use coffee filters
>>
>>61063154
to be safe OP should disassemble it and dry components with an iron wire cloth
>>
>>61063903
>>61063336
>>61063262
It's been drying for almost three months. I figured I'd try to pop it back in a few minutes ago, but the computer wouldn't start up. Is it still worth disassembling and cleaning?
>>
Just put in in the freezer. Haven't you ever heard of watercooling?
>>
>>61064082
After like a day of drying if it doesn't work it's probably not going to work ever again. After three months it's definitely dead
>>
>>61064082
You should wait another three months just to be sure.
>>
>>61064082
You should wait at least a full year before trying it again to be sure it would be dry, it can take time and you risk breaking it if you try to use it. 9 more months it is, unless you like playing russian roulette with a fully loaded revolver
>>
>>61064859
This. Just in case, you never never know.
>>61064917
Even better advice, maybe put it in a bag full of rice for 72 weeks exactly and let it dry up some more, just in case it still hasn't dried out.
>>
>>61062828
Poor some oil on it. The oil repels the water and lubricates the card
>>
>>61062828
if its not working after 3 months and you heard it pop its fucked. only time water wont fuck an electronic is if you are super lucky with what is touches or if its off. when its off you could in theory dunk it in the bath tub and it will work as long as its properly dried.
>>
>>61062828
Be honest, op, were you trying to do some next level cooling?
>>
>>61062828
If you have the money to order another from amazon. Send that one back in the box and say it didn't work. You get your money back and you slow the corporate machine. 2 birds stoned at once.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.