[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i install alpine linux or freebsd?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: unrelated picture.jpg (451KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated picture.jpg
451KB, 2048x1536px
should i install alpine linux or freebsd?
>>
>>61053027
parabola
>>
do you hate gnu libc?
>>
>>61053027
freebsd

alpine doesn't have value on the desktop unless you are a religious user of suckless.org tools and like to scream about muh bloat
>>
>>61053037
ewwwww GNU
>>
>>61053046
I don't like GNU on most things.
>>61053049
Does freeBSD have more value on desktop? And isnt most linux stuff portable through distributions?
>>
>>61053046
>WANTING to use glibc
>>
FreeBSD is pretty comfy. OpenBSD is comfier.
I prefer the BSD userland over the GNU userland.
>>
>>61055538
i need freeBSD because i'd want linux compatibility layer/wine for tf2 and photoshop
>>
>>61055964
steam & tf2 work fine on linux and linux has wine too
use the right tool for the job. unless you want to try out freeBSD, but if you do so expect more pain in getting those programs to work
>>
>>61056344
He doesn't want Linux, you dumbass.
>>
>>6105635
but the op says linux vs freebsd
??
>>
>>61056344
Well yeah but freebsd has wine too. And i dont know what to do because a post above just said how freebsd is better than alpine for desktop.
>>
>>61056396
why would you use alpine anyway? there's no reason to use alpine instead of ubuntu or fedora or whatever on a desktop. if you want to use steam or play games, you'll struggle on freebsd.
>>
>>61056411
>there's no reason to use alpine
It's not GANOO/Linux
>>
>>61056420
if he's playing games and using steam i dont think he gives a shit about his system using gahnoo instead of some other bullshit userland
>>
>>61056436
If he's asking about Alpine vs FreeBSD I'm going to assume he's trying to avoid GNU bullshit
>>
>>61056453
i dont think he has any idea what he's on about if he wants to avoid using GNU and use steam
>>
>>61056411
I dont like gnu linc or its coreutils. Really i just wanna play tf2. And alpine has a very nice community and package management. Ubuntu or fedora are bloat. But i guess i'll fall for linux then
>>
>>61056465
Why?
>>
>>61056472
install ubuntu minimal and only install the shit you need - bloat gone. what do you actually have against glibc that another library will solve?
>>
>>61056482
>systemd
>apt
>packages like bash etc
basically glibc is bloat
>>
>>61056472
If all you need is tf2 then I install Windows XP - no bloat and absolutely no GNU stuff.
>>
>>61056487
every single thing you listed has nothing to do with glibc. google what glibc actually is before making dumbass points like this. you aren't trying to avoid GNU or it's C library, you're falling for shitty memes becuase people on this board told you to.
>>
>>61056503
It's 2 different points, The greentext was about ubuntu minimal
>>
>>61056526
ok fine. tell me something you don't like about glibc that is solved by using a different library. and with ubuntu minimal, you can remove bash and use the dash shell which is installed by default. i see no valid reasons for not wanting to use apt, and the same for systemd. you're falling for bullshit meaningless memes. if you really have something against these, why are you not using something like gentoo already?
>>
>>61056487
>packages like bash etc
>basically glibc is bloat

Do everyone including yourself a flavour and hang yourself.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.