[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of tempered glass cases, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: DIY_Lifestyle_460X_HD_Fans_02.jpg (70KB, 780x500px) Image search: [Google]
DIY_Lifestyle_460X_HD_Fans_02.jpg
70KB, 780x500px
What do you think of tempered glass cases, /g/?
>>
look nice but not for me
>>
>gayman gear
>>
autism
>>
>>61049899
An explosion waiting to happen.
>>
>>61050591
>glass
>explosion

?????
>>
>>61049899
Pointless.

Literally pointless. Your case wont be taking impacts from the side and tempered glass is weakest at the edges, so the most likely thing that will happen (dropping it) is likely to shatter it instantly.

A regular pane of glass would be a better choice.
>>
>>61050643
When tempered glass breaks the entire pane shatters. It doesn't just crack, glass goes everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i5rycLJ3D8
>>
>>61050662
This. Also I hate having glass even on the back, it needs an insane amount of cable management
>>
>>61049899

any open viewable case is for rice-fags.

If you like riced out boxes then its cool, but I thing it's silly.

Money spent on performance is money well spent, if you buy LED's then you want people to see it. Why do you want people to look at your computer? Is it because its so slow and shitty you need to distract them from what's on the monitor?
>>
>>61049899
Can look nice, but honestly not worth it.
>>
>>61049899
They look cool, but the cool effect wears off once you have the case for around 2 weeks. Than you will wish that you just bought yourself a normal case instead.
>>
>buy case with tempered glass
>install i9 processor
>heat shock causes side panel to explode

at least I chose the powerful option, stupid amdrones
>>
File: WP_20170110_01_51_37_Pro.jpg (511KB, 1919x1081px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170110_01_51_37_Pro.jpg
511KB, 1919x1081px
>fell for meme glass and meme bezels
>no budget left for a decent smartphone
>>
computer on top of the desk is ugly
>>
>>61051008
What laptop is that?
>>
>>61051019
xps 15. Don't bother with dell unless you're willing to gamble for a good unit, their quality control is absolute garbagio.
>>
BOTNET
>>
>>61051171
and here, we see the wild /g/ NEET, performing its habitual call.
>>
>>61049899
was thinking about a 570x but i end up getting the 750d because i'm not a gaymer
>>
>>61050643
Ever smashed a car window son?
>>
>>61050880
Get red LEDs then faggot so it's faster.
>>
>>61049899
a panel is fine, the one your posted OP looks like shit, Corsair always manages to fuck something up with shit looking branding or some stupid design afterthought like those hex fan grills.
>>
>>61050686
>>61051323
That's not an explosion though. Explosions involve explosives.
>>
>>61052641
>Explosions involve explosives.
Oh boy. Get this kid back into school.
>>
>>61052648
You are a dumb nigger. Anything that has the ability to cause an explosion is a fucking explosive. That's why they explode. I hope this is just 10/10 b8 and if so fuck you.
>>
>>61052682
Back to school with you.
>>
>>61052720
Yeah you were just pretending to be retarded. No arguments from so I don't care nice try pal :^) better luck next time
>>
there's literally nothing wrong with tempered glass stop being contrarian
>>
>>61049899
its retarded.
>>
>>61052767
An explosion is a sudden expansion.

Air that is pressurized to the point it breaks the vessel causes an explosion. If you blow up a balloon until it pops, that's an explosion.

The core of a pane of tempered glass is under pressure, when you break the outside it creates weakens the shell as a whole, much like if you stick a pin in a balloon the balloon is torn apart by the force of the pressure release (unless you put a pit of tape over before you stick the pin in).
Tempered glass is essentially the same, you break the shell a little bit and that allows part of the core to expand, which breaks more area around the flaw allowing more expansion, etc until it propagates across the pane. You can see in the SmarterEveryday video that pieces of glass get thrown reasonable distances due to this expansion. Explosion.
>>
>>61052767
>>61052929
Also, go back to school.
>>
>>61052835
Glass properties
>heavy
>transparent
>fragile
>pain in the ass to clean up if it shatters

Perspex properties
>light
>transparent
>unlikely to break
>cheap to replace
>>
>not getting a case with side vents instead

Ricefags are literally sacrificing cooling for muh assthetics.
>>
a fad ruining otherwise decent cases, looking at you lian li
>>
Its just a shitty marketing gimmick. Same with RGB.
>>
You guys are boring as fuck.

You'd rather a black box computer case because you're so beta and afraid about what others will think of you?
>>
I bought a Corsair 300r with the windowed side panel.

Am I a faggot?
>>
>>61053445
No, I just don't invite people to my house just to show them my autistic Titanic PC and then proceed to stroke myself to the thought of them thinking it's so amazing, while in reality they realize it's just an edgy hipsters' first PC case.
>>
>>61053463

I doubt anyone even visits you. You seem very judgemental about something as silly as what kind of PC case I enjoy.
>>
>>61053493
>implying I enjoy normie company at my house.
That wasn't my point, my point was the opposite.

What's the point of an edgy case like that, unless you're LITERALLY inviting people over to showcase it?
>>
>>61049899
No one makes nice looking solid color cases because only teenagers buy this transparent crap so they can see the boring insides and add LED lights to pretend it's somehow interesting to watch fans spin.
>>
>>61053460
The purchase of that case did, in fact, change your sexual orientation. Congratulations. Your club membership ID and safespace will be delivered soon.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.