[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electric Vehicle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 02.jpg (1MB, 3200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
1MB, 3200x1800px
Himera-Q
https://youtu.be/rVeT0ZbphK0
>>
>>61043923
If I wanted to look at the fully empty concept car I would go to an auto show.
>>
>>o
>>
>>/o/
>>
Why would you buy a sports car that doesn't roar agressively whenever you floor it

Driving at 200km/h and only hearing
>fwooooooooom
must be depressing as fuck
>>
>>61044179
So you can kill people without being noticed.
>mfw there are going to be laws in the near future to have electric cars embedded with noise devices to make them more noticeable.
>>
>>61044179
>driving fast for the noise
>not driving fast for the speed
fuck off
>>
>>61044155
>>61044169
Newfags
>>
File: IONep9.jpg (31KB, 800x498px) Image search: [Google]
IONep9.jpg
31KB, 800x498px
An ION broke the lap record at nurburgring north a while recently, but it's been since broken again.
>>
oops. it 's a NIO.
>>
>>61044179
pic related
>>
I don't think that electric supercar will be a big thing.
Supercars are meant to be fun.
Someone filming the car shouts "REV IT MAN!!" then you give people what they want.
Revving the engine, feeling the power and hearing the roar, that's a huge part of their appeal and basically the entire point.
They're toys that are meant to be fun, not practical.
Electric supercar will most likely have some sound clip it plays when you press the pedal down and that's just retarded.
Sure they have marginally more speed but that's about it.
I'm all for electric when it comes to normal cars but if I'd have the money, I'd never buy an electric supercar and I doubt too many other people will either.
>>
>>61045317
Marginally more speed is pretty big when it comes to racing.
>>
File: 1431900541616.png (61KB, 966x815px) Image search: [Google]
1431900541616.png
61KB, 966x815px
>>61045392
>mfw it's only marginally faster than a 355 hp car
It's still pretty cool though, and I don't really agree with the guy you're replying to.
>>
>>61045392

Was I talking about racing performance there?
Of course speed is important when it comes to racing, but that's fairly irrelevant when talking about something that's not solely meant for performance and going fast on the track.
I was talking about supercars and the reason why people buy them.
They're adult version of toys and a completely silent toy that gives nothing to the onlookers and only gives you silent speed, isn't all that fun outside from going fast.
>>
>>61043923
if its not an electric vehicle for the masses then its fucking useless.
>>
>>61045497
More money is spent on racing than cars you're just meant to show off if you want to talk about a thing being "big".
>>
>>61045537

Well you're not going to be racing with most of the supercars out there, so all of those are out of the equation and therefore it makes no sense to bring racing to the conversation of supercars to begin with.
Are we going to see all racing go electric? Yes. Is it going to be big? Of course.
There's no question about it and it will inevitably happen, but that's an entirely different subject.
Just because more money is spent in the racing scene, it doesn't mean that the supercar market out there isn't big on it's own.
Are we for example going to see the supercars of Monaco turn to electric ones?
I don't think that people will take to them like the petrol engine, because electric in that world lacks many of the very elements that makes these toys marketable in the first place.
>>
>>61045657
Most people who buy supercars buy them for the luxury not the noise. There are consumer priced cars that have better noises than super cars.
>>
>>61045684

Go and watch some carspotting videos on youtube and then tell me that revving the engine, loud exhaust systems and crowds of people aren't a part of that world.
They're not just for the luxury or owning a well designed car.
A good portion of that luxury is the entire package of fun they provide.
It's not just about the noise alone. For some reason you're thinking the whole subject in divided parts here, not the big picture.
If you buy a Bentley, Rolls Royce or something, sure that's for the luxury of having a steady well performing machine that goes fast and doesn't make too much noise.
Is Lamborghini or Ferrari like that? Hell no, totally different thing.
It includes the good design, but also includes the elements of crowds, raw power and loud noises that come with the supercar package.
>>
>>61045800
My best friend is part of a billionaire saudi family and I can tell you that's bullshit. You don't see anybody with real money revving the engines of their electric cars, they're either on the track, or flaunting them around the city. Also if you don't mind could you stop posting these walls of text.
>>
>>61045850

>Walls of text.
I'm sorry, is a message of over 30 words too much for your attention span to handle?
Or can't you perhaps fit this on the screen of your phone?
Got to love what Twitter has done to the modern teens, it has absolutely obliterated your ability to focus for longer than 12 seconds.
And yeah, you don't see anyone revving the engines of electric cars, because that's impossible.
> or flaunting them around the city.
Yes, that's a good part of the supercar scene and you're not going to be doing that with something that's absolutely silent and without the ablity to make a sound.
Like I said, go on youtube and watch some of those videos or walk around wealthier parts of the city you live in.
Your friends might keep the fun on the track, but most people don't.
>>
>>61044155
Is >>>>/o/
>>
>>61046002
>I'm sorry, is a message of over 30 words too much for your attention span to handle?
No, it just seems like you're unable to write a succinct response. Perhaps you should try improving your summarization skills.

>Your friends might keep the fun on the track, but most people don't.
False, you have no idea what the supercar world is like in actuality. Your youtube vids literally only display a microcosm of what it is.
>>
>>61046122

It shows the very concept behind it and that's enough.
Also it's a concept anyone with half a brain can figure out.
The concept of these things is fun and that doesn't end in good silent track performance of the machine. Like I mentioned, they're adult toys with no other purpose than to entertain you and people around you.
I get a feeling that you're focusing on the hypercar end of the spectrum, which doesn't include the smaller tier rich people, who are only able to afford a Lambo or a Ferrari, instead of dishing out 2-5 millions to a machine that's on a whole another level in every aspect.
And you most likely are, since you're talking about extremely wealthy Arabs and track performance.

Besides there's nothing wrong with going beyond your usual social media tier responses of 15 words, especially when there's no word restriction.
>>
>>61046317
>It shows the very concept behind it and that's enough.
You should be able to get this across in 3 sentences. I'm sorry you haven't achieved the ability to write succinctly.

Anyways, that doesn't disprove the fact that electric cars will be big, noises or not. Even in the entertainment department.
>>
>>61044218
>not both
Fuck off
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.