[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What features are there that differentiate AM4 motherboards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: AMD-Ryzen.jpg (28KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Ryzen.jpg
28KB, 700x500px
What features are there that differentiate AM4 motherboards? I know with intel boards the main difference is whether certain features are "unlocked" and whether or not your CPU "supports" said features. But with AMD all the features work with all the chips and nothing is locked/restricted to expensive boards and chips right?
>>
>>61042333
Like in all cases, motherboards only differ with chipset(irrelevant for AMD), number of ports/slots, (official)memory support, VRMs/caps/mosfets and component cooling and audio/NIC quality.

tl;dr mostly build quality, the first thing I look for in a mobo is the NIC.
>>
>>61042333
X370 has more IO, SLI/Crossfire support vs B350. Thats in the chipset, outside of that X370 boards usually have extras like better VRMs, more cooling, RGB and such. I really applaud AMD for not going the Jewtel route by gimping your CPU and forcing to spend more money just to overclock.
>>
>>61042333
>>61042792
Not OP but which X370 motherboard is the best for overclocking?
>>
The main difference is that the B350 & X370 boards support overclocking, and that the X370 supports SLI/Crossfire and gives more i/o.
>>
>>61042898
Technically no, but x370 are usually more high-end and thus have better vrms
>>
Which manufacturers does /g/ recommend for a B350 board? Is Gigabyte any good this time around? Their mATX boards seem to have pretty nice prices. How about MSI?
>>
>>61043010
Fuck off.
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
>>61043010
Asus mobos never failed me. And I've built my first PC in the early 2001.
>>
>>61043485
my last computer run on anus, it was shit
>>
>>61042898
The Asus Crosshair VI and ASRock Taichi are the cream of the crop right now. The Gigabyte K7 isn't bad either. For a cheaper option, the Asus X370-Pro uses the exact same premium VRM components as the Crosshair.

>>61043010
The new Asus Strix is the outright best B350 board, but costs close to an X370 board. MSI have the best VRM setup for other options, with Asus and ASCock next up. Gigabyte's are all shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrxhf_xZWI

Personally, I'd go for either the MSI Tomahawk or Asus B350-Pro, based on price/performance.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.