[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think our future society would be like when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: wall-e_humans.jpg (597KB, 1680x709px) Image search: [Google]
wall-e_humans.jpg
597KB, 1680x709px
What do you guys think our future society would be like when almost all jobs could be automated?
>>
>>61038799
Scary, really fucking scary
>>
Automation is inevitable, that's for sure. The answer to your question depends on the extent we are going to automate the jobs. Let's say we replace all the most dangerous labour jobs like miners with robotechnics. Government will push for legislation to create jobs at the same rate as they are replaced. However, that's going to be impossible if the majority of jobs are replaced (and let's be honest AIs and robots will be able to do anything from manufacturing to creative jobs way better than humans in the future) than we will have to "pay" people. Universal income is one solution and it is going to be viable one when all the countries become fully developed (like Europe).
Our population is predicted to plateau at 8bln by 2030. By that time poverty and poorness should be at its lowest as the Universal income is used worldwide
>>
>>61038799
I work in a auto factory and automation is shit and won't be ready until way after I'm dead. Robots constantly go down and it's cheaper to pay 1000 people to do.a job than it is to build 8000 robot arms and have to reprogram it every year for the new models.
>>
File: 6D3VuXlg.jpg (84KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
6D3VuXlg.jpg
84KB, 574x574px
>>61038824
>https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/13/artificial-intelligence-robots-threat-jobs-forrester-report
facts says otherwise mate
>>
>>61038799
We wouldnt be get to see such a society because skynet will have killed us all.
>>
>>61038851
Yes software driving a car is different than actually hardware building it. I'm actually happy when I have to do a robot assisted job because that mean I'll do nothing for half the day as engineers try to get it back up. Even something as simply as an arm with suction cups that grabs parts as a molding press goes down at least 3 times a shift.
>>
>>61038799
Post-scarcity society probably.
>>
>>61038905
>denying the snowflakes their post-scarcity Star trek style imperial space commie dystopia
Tread lightly, anon. They don't like being informed that mass swathes of men being unemployed, undersexed, and generally bored leads to wholesale revolution more times than not.

Here's to hoping the civilized folk aren't Britons to anarchy's Anglo-Saxons.
>>
Read Stand on Zanzibar

That was the vision of the present day, but written in the 1960s

Then imagine that same situation got significantly worse.

That.
>>
Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism
>>
>>61038851
>facts
I dont see any facts, just wild speculation by an uneducated journalist
>>
>>61038824
>I work in a auto factory and automation is shit and won't be ready until way after I'm dead.
Do you plan on dying in 30 or 40 years?
>>
File: 1494463382595.jpg (64KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494463382595.jpg
64KB, 960x960px
>>61039516
Luckily as long as me and my fellow Americans retain our right to bear arms, a nightmare like that would never happen.
>>
File: populationprojection.png (92KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
populationprojection.png
92KB, 1200x900px
>>61038926
>Post-scarcity society

not anytime soon, we're about to get very scarce, very soon
>>
>>61038799
You're talking about at least 1000years in future, and our current "progress" lead me to belive humnanity won't survive this long.
>>
>>61039585
>implying we can't assimilate them
if we can assimilate the Irish, we can assimilate anything. Implying we can't is just vitriolic racism.
>>
File: 1497359483313.jpg (445KB, 1260x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1497359483313.jpg
445KB, 1260x1332px
>>61038799
mostly creative work, and work for the people to make sure the automated things/robots actually work, and the creation of new automated stuff
>>
File: 1491043918406.jpg (163KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
1491043918406.jpg
163KB, 760x570px
Scarcity is eternal in this material universe.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.