[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does quality control exist in 2017?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 514Ubc0kmLL._SL1024_.jpg (54KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
514Ubc0kmLL._SL1024_.jpg
54KB, 1024x760px
>Fell for the 2017 thinkpad meme
>buy X1 carbon 5th gen
> loose mouse buttons, loose CMOS battery causing rattling noise
>buy another x1 carbon
>touchpad and trackpoint don't work at all
>reinstalled drivers multiple times
>made sure they're enabled in bios
>windows doesn't even detect a trackpoint
>on linux they don't even show up as input devices

WHAT FUCKING LAPTOP DO I BUY. Is it too much to ask for a deep travel keyboard, trackpoint, USB-C, and under 3 lbs in 2017?
>>
>>61038386
>Under 3 pounds
Lift more faget. You are basically complaining about a weight that would be pastel and for women at the gym.
>>
>>61038410
ok take out that constraint. what then
>>
>making a big purchase without doing more than 30 seconds of research

The ThinkPad meme has nothing to do with the brand. It's about buying cheap, used business-class laptops. The X1 doesn't fit into any of this criteria.
>>
>>61038386
/G/ wasn't into the x1 carbon. Journalists were because they looked more like Macs. We like the old t and x series.
>>
>>61038445
old thinkpad + usb c adapter

yeah it's not an optimal option but nu-thinkpads are worse
>>
>>61038446
so pretend you have a job and have attained disposable income and can spend more than $500 on a laptop for a second. what do
>>
>>61038474
>implying no research was done outside of /g/

name a line of laptops in 2017 with as much key travel as modern thinkpads. there are none.
>>
>>61038477
>can spend more than $500

Don't be such a daft cunt. Available cash isn't a limiting factor for most people. We just don't see the point in spending $800 when $200 will do. The only real performance improvement you'll see on laptops after Sandy Bridge is better battery life.
>>
so are you faggots telling me if I throw down 2k I can get a decent fucking ultrabook outside of apple products. I forgot /g/ uses nothing but gaming laptops because they never leave the house.
>>
>>61038500
But Anon all the cool kids and tech channels say cheap things are bad and the best tech is stuff that costs more, is full of gimmicks and designed to be thrown away after 2 years.
>>
>>61038496
I think Alien Ware might still have a laptop with a reasonable keyboard. Too bad they are heavy and have shit battery life.
>>
>>61038545
Ultrabooks are for retards. Yes goyim pay more for something that is slower and generally has less storage just because it's smaller and lighter.
>>
>>61038545
>$2k
more like $200

>/g/ uses nothing but gaming laptops
yes because linux is the best gaming platform right
>>
>>61038579
Tux racing is pretty big in japan. It's a huge esport over there and people really want to get as many frames as possible in that gnu compilant game.
>>
>>61038500
This right here is why /g/ is worse than every apple shill tech site. You can get more relevant advice from a 14 year old YouTuber
>>
>>61038386
>Falling for the chink meme
You deserve what you got
>>
Is the spectre x360 a meme? I like the 2-in-1 option (even if I might not ever use it) and it comes with the pen; surface laptop is $100 more expensive with fabric, xps 13 is $200 cheaper

It's HP though ..
>>
No, quality control does not exist in 2017.
At least unless you're buying industrial products at 5x the consumer price.

In the past, things were over-built and under-engineered. Now we're capable of engineering things to be EXACTLY as good as they need to be to turn the desired profit with some failure rate n, and literally no better. The goal is to make money off the product, not to deliver you a quality product.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.