[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have uniden bearcat ubc125xlt radio scanner and I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

I have uniden bearcat ubc125xlt radio scanner and I'm trying to listen to edacs transmissions. Every now and then I hear annoying 3-5 seconds long buzzing sound of trunking system. Is it possible to somehow filter this sound?
>>
>>61028217
No, the FCC inserts that to fry your internal chlorine filter.
>>
If it's just an alert tone, you may be able to reduce the volume to 0. Not sure though. Check the manual.
>>
>>61029026
> Check the manual.
The problem is that my scanner does not support trunking systems. I want to connect it to pc and filter the buzzing sound with some software, I just don't know which one and how.
>>
Holy shit let me tell you a little thing about hand scanners. They are cheap pieces of hardware. There's literally a million different things you could be hearing and /g/ isn't able to help you narrow it down.
>>
>>61029696
</thread>
>>
>>61029696
>There's literally a million different things you could be hearing and /g/ isn't able to help you narrow it down.
I know what I'm hearing and I don't need help with narrowing it down.I already wrote the this sound is part of trunking system. What I need is some piece of software that can be set to detecting specific tones and once those tones occur, mute input for specified amount of time. The other option is software the specializes in trunking systems. I already tried with unitrunker but that seems to work only if you have at least one sdr with rtl chipset and with some specific tuner version.
>>
>>61030351

build one of these that has a resonant frequency of the tone you are hearing. you can check the frequency of the tone using a spectrum analyzer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band-stop_filter

You can the send audio to any digital audio workstation (DAW) on your PC, and do it without any electronics. Just use an EQ and filter out the said frequency.

All that effort though, you might as well get a new scanner kek
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.