[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will a VR Internet be available in the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: VRI.png (2MB, 1905x1015px) Image search: [Google]
VRI.png
2MB, 1905x1015px
Here's a sample of what I thinkk it may look like. http://360.helloai.com/lp/landingpage360.html
>>
>>61027939
>just great big floating pages

if you want it to be worthwhile you have to make the content specifically for VR and completely rethink the way it's presented. Big flat screens floating in space are boring, do nothing worthwhile and show a severe lack of imagination.

What's the point of breaking out of the screen paradigm just to have another virtual screen in front of you?
>>
>>61028016
its to be meant as a proof of concept and to be used with VR goggles... I think you can have all your favorite sites come up and you then choose to navigate in a VR enviroment. yes, right now they are just print screens. but could be more...
>>
>>61028104
Here is a sample of one with a video screen in it...
http://360.helloai.com/sosvenezuela/SOSVenezuela.html
>>
When are we getting websites that you can explore like rooms in a house? Seeing people face-to-face a la second life / Surrogates?

Now that's exciting VR.
>>
>VR internet
>it's literally just computer monitors showing webpages in a fake 3d world
>>
>>61028232
I think that with the panotour software I used you can print screen each page and make a VR website like this one...
>>
File: 1420140518965.jpg.1420140518965.jpg (346KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1420140518965.jpg.1420140518965.jpg
346KB, 1920x1080px
>>61027939
you should try janusvr
>>
>>61028342
>janusvr
Nice! Checking it out now! This is the best place to come and improve the ideas!
>>
>>61027939
Will we get to see multi-GB javascript 3D web pages?
>>
Second life is how it should work, less fetish shit tho
>>
File: World-of-VR-Wallpaper[1].jpg (94KB, 940x517px) Image search: [Google]
World-of-VR-Wallpaper[1].jpg
94KB, 940x517px
>>61028523
Yes! It would be nice to surf the Internet using an avatar going from one site to another... A SL WWW that you could go between houses, clubs, etc... to a type of VR Internet
>>
File: dennou_coil_goggles.jpg (98KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
dennou_coil_goggles.jpg
98KB, 354x352px
why are current AR glasses so shit
>>
JanusVR is a thing.

I've heard Valve is basically turning one of their VR demo things into an MMO social network thing. But it probably won't ever be decentralized like Web because nu-Valve directly profits from cramming everyone in their walled garden then collecting huge cuts from mods and games others make, all while limiting non-workshop custom content more and more each day.

>>61028667
The jew nigga known as the F-35 program hoarded it all! Arguably most of the AR research ever to date is going towards the F-35's helmet. It's not that it /may/ improve AR, they absolutely *have to* improve it or else it's fucked. When the R&D folks are done and some start moving to commercial space, or when docs start being declassified, then it may get start seeing some serious shit.
>>
>>61028232
i think janus vr is the vr application you are looking for.
>>
>>61029059
Also holy shit, if I had a mere 80 by 24 Unix terminal in some corner of my vision, and I could write on it directly with my brain (or something like that), then that alone would augment my life so much holy shit. This is without even browsing Web. I have shit tier short term memory, I need to keep to do lists. I also like to keep lots of info in text files. If I could interact with a Unix terminal any second of my idle time and could have reminders up without even moving my body, this shit would make me level up 5 planes of consciousness and 3 dimensions at least.
>>
File: 1193902901_f06465b950.jpg (78KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1193902901_f06465b950.jpg
78KB, 500x284px
>>61028667
BOKU SATCHI!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.