[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Logitech z5500 - z906

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 830443.jpg (31KB, 800x413px) Image search: [Google]
830443.jpg
31KB, 800x413px
Hey all. I was gonna ask if you can hook two speakers into one slot on z5500 or z906. I have both of the systems and want to do some kinky stuff with the tech. Can i? what happens? dont wanna fry them bcuz they're fuckin expensive in my country. Thanks ^^
>>
for example : two speakers into rear left
two speakers into rear right.
like this.
>>
If you wire them in parallel you might fry the amplifier from the low impedance load. Wiring in series should work fine.
>>
>>61027584
you mean wiring the speakers together to slots?
>>
>>61027522
1: stop buying shitty speakers
2: please actually fry them
3: >>61027584
4: long story short, if you plug two sets of speakers into the same slot, what you are doing is enabling twice as much current to flow through that slot, which is a great way to toast something. if you want to nigger rig more speakers in for some retarded reason, take a red wire from one speaker into the red slot, connect the black wire of that speaker to the red wire of the other speaker, then connect that speaker's black wire into the amplifier. you will be reducing current flow, instead of increasing it.
>>
>>61028530
why shitty they're fine for gaming and movies. i was just wanting to increase the sound and use the remaining speakers. they're actually pretty good. what do you suggest as "not shitty"
>>
>>61028895
>increase the sound
sure, adding more shit to some shit will help I guess
>>
>>61029010
i dont know what's your or the boards problem but fuck you...
>>
>>61028895
see the funny thing about audio is that the definition of "good" is based off of what you've personally experienced. people who have only listened to the consumer grade garbage that gets shoved onto people like you don't really get a chance to experience what actual audio bliss sounds like, because it's not something that can be easily measured with a buzzword (IE: 4.4 gigahertz! 300 horsepower! 5000 watts!), but is instead a complex set of measurements of accuracy and tonality.

as for not shitty... see if you can find anyone local selling off their old hi-fi equipment. you'll need speakers and an amplifier. there are plenty of good brands out there but I don't know what's available in your country. alternatively, there are new options out there depending on the sound you like. check out audiophile forums online and post there for recommendations. i think you'll agree once you've heard a decent set of speakers that Logitech are garbage.

one last note: it's better to have two good speakers than seven shitty speakers and two niggerbass boxes. a good pair of speakers, set up properly, will have a good enough soundstage and depth that you won't need surround sound - and if you had a $400 budget, you'd be listening to $200-per-speaker tier sound instead of $30-per-speaker tier sound, which is a pretty massive difference

go to a best buy or something and listen to some of the floorstanding speakers they have set up
>>
>>61028530
5: obligatory video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQwvE8ZKDNE
>>
>>61029374
i know there are more quality products but i cant find them in my country. and even if i find any they are so much expensive. the reason i like these sets that its good for its price and the THX certificate really means something among the other products. for example, when you set the speakers to the correct ranges you cant even identify where does the sound coming from. and its easy to use with stupid windows which is dont have any 5.1 support anymore after the creators update. z906 - z5500 can still give you the 5.1 surround even if you dont have any surround output from the source. thats why i think its pretty nice. maybe i cant say its good for audio quality but its definitely not "bad"
>>
>>61029604
>THX cert.

I was not aware this was a requirement in buying audio equipment.

Now playing: Loud_as_fuck_wooosh_sound.mp4
>>
>>61029604
>cant find them in your country
i absolutely guarantee you can. there is at least one readily available cheap pair of decent used speakers near you.
>THX
means absolutely nothing. it's a sticker
>identifying where a sound is coming from
this is called soundstage and is a given with any speaker, it shouldn't be a "wow" thing
>windows and 5.1 support
stop falling for the 5.1 meme, also yes it does but it depends on your audio chipset and drivers
>surround sound without surround input
aka literally fake garbage

it is unironically bad. seriously.
>>
>>61027522
Wish someone would put out a 5 channel amp like that to drive my own speakers
>>
>>61029815
like any basic av receiver on the market?
>>
>>61029843
Yes, I use an avr now but the issue is none of them have analog souround sound input, you can run optical but thay has a ton of issues as well. You cna run a HDMI cable to it but unless you plan to then plug your display in to the avr and loose gsync/freesync and get more input lag.

I'm hoping for a USB to hdmi that only carries audio as in it has its own drivers to deal with it.
>>
>>61029908
can't you just hook it up to an extra hdmi that you use as your audio out only?
>>
>>61029796
as i said before its too fucking expensive. you must pay like a 10k for a decent set while you can buy the logitech to 2k.
and as i said before (again) thx certificate is good among**** the other products in my country. when you get out of thx certificate in my country you only get fake watts and big speakers for shit. and more money.
>>
>>61029963
Yes but only if you set it up as a display, so as far as windoes knows your running two monitors. Some games act real stupid with multiple monitors
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.