[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WannaCry is not DEAD!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: wannacry_05_1024x774.0.png (147KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
wannacry_05_1024x774.0.png
147KB, 1200x800px
Honda Stops Production After WannaCry Hits its Computer
The automaker halted production of more than 1,000 at its Sayama plant, northwest of Tokyo, on Monday 19th June after it discovered that the ransomware had affected networks across Japan, North America, Europe, China, and other regions despite its efforts to secure systems in mid-May, according to a Wednesday report from Reuters.
https://thehackernews.com/2017/06/honda-wannacry-attack.html
>>
Man ppl still use ie wtf
>>
If you don't get MS17-010 patched, wannacry will fuck your cute little bleached boypussy.
>>
No need for antivirus software, they said
Common Sense is all you need, they said
Microsoft's built-in protection is good enough, they said
>>
>>61027253
Anti-virus software doesn't stop wannacry at all.
>>
>>61027216

Only if you use windows somewhere on your network.
>>
>>61027256

http://support.eset.com/kb6481/?viewlocale=en_US
>>
>>61027266
Well, yeah, but that's like 90% of the world.
And most of that proportion doesn't patch their assholes at all. MS even released a MS17-010 patch for XP it was so bad, yet this shit still happens, kek.
>>
>>61027253
this gives me the heebey-jeebeys bc my Meme folder alone is worth in the 10ks ballpark
>>
>>61027216
That, basically.
>MS releases patch back in April
>corporate sends out notice at midnight telling everyone to patch workstations with MS17-010 that they were planning on pushing out next week but got scared and said you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air
>>
>>61027253
>>61027290
>thinking AV can stop this shit
If anything wannacry is a proof that if your own OS can't protect you then AV can't either. AV is only good on outdated systems, as in you haven't received a security patch in over 6 months. And again, the same would happen on an out of date AV. All they did was update ESET to fight against wannacry, which is the same thing m$ did with windows.
>>
>>61027354

AV updates definitions usually several times a day without needing Windows to be rebooted.
>>
>>61027354
>>61027256
AVs were updated for memecry you literal retards
>>
>>61027396
Which is exactly what I said here >>61027354.
>>61027378
>caring about reboots more than security
But I agree. Windows updates are shit.
>>
>>61027354

>He doesn't do anything on his computer other than install patches to it
>laughinggirls.tiff

If you care about security you use AV precisely so you can stay protected and not need to religiously follow all this cybersecurity nonsense. You CommonSensetards must be rebooting your machines five times a day to get the same level of protection
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.