[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Hat Hacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1337.jpg (111KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1337.jpg
111KB, 852x480px
Assuming one took the typical precautions, just how risky is malicious for-profit hacking? I imagine the NSA could find anyone doing it, but do they care enough to do so? Is it as lucrative as everyone assumes or do you make more with a high-end salary? Anyone have any experiences they can share?
>>
The NSA doesn't care, but the FBI will kick your fucking ass.
>>
>>61020942
Yeah, I would expect. How hard is it to catch a malicious hacker who's careful though, do the FBI have the same technical prowess as the NSA?
>>
>>61020936
Well, there are no 'typical precautions' effectively. The levels of tradecraft required to really fuck with the Internet and not have it push back are very high 1) Tor 2) hardened privacy distro 3) public wifi in combination, etc etc.

I've had to set up Tor for journalists before and I put together a workflow. In the end I knew they would never be able to follow it all.

It's so easy to slip up and get fucked - if you're doing something that will actually bother (((them)))

t. infosec consultant.
>>
I'd assume that hacking nowadays is almost impossible if you are going for anything big. What you could get into however is blackmail. Find some good info and ask for money to not release it.
>>
>>61021001
>I'd assume that hacking nowadays is almost impossible if you are going for anything big. What you could get into however is blackmail. Find some good info and ask for money to not release it.

Yep, go small and you should be ok.

But to answer OP's question, the guy who took down hacking team released a doc called 'How to Hack' or something like that, its on pastebin i think. That is a good guide to the ins and outs.
>>
>>61021000
>I've had to set up Tor for journalists before and I put together a workflow
Can you share please? Any tips?
>>
>>61020936
Would a botnet be a potential source of revenue? Obviously it'd be stupid to use any information you get directly, but surely there's a market for identities? You could build up a pretty huge datebase of username/password combinations, email accounts, bank accounts, names associated with them, and I'd bet you could sell that for some decent money, although this is only conjecture, I have no clue if such a market actually exists at all and if so, what kind of process you'd go through to sell and what kind of profit you could realistically expect.
>>
>>61020958

the fbi just obtained rule 41 privileges so they can go after you regardless of where you are connecting from/through, but no, they are not nsa level by any means. the nsa isn't magic so they have technical/resource limitations as well. however, the fbi tends to follow the money because that will eventually connect back to you when you try to spend it.
>>
>>61021052
Do you have a link to the pastebin?
>>
>>61022617
>
no but I got a link to a video of banging your mother
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.