/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying Vim for the first time. >what year is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: gvim_2017-06-22_00-21-05.png (28KB, 659x498px) Image search: [Google]
gvim_2017-06-22_00-21-05.png
28KB, 659x498px
>trying Vim for the first time.
>what year is this
>>
>he fell for the meme
>>
top lel
>>
>>61015113
why is there an AIM icon in the toolbar
>>
>running vim in windows
Just go back to your bloated visual studio shit.
>>
>Tampons
>>
just press i and use it as a normal text editor. Then learn the features as you go. It may be ancient and it may have a retarded learning curve, but once you learn it it's rocket fast
>>
i don't get why anyone uses vim. 99% of the hotkey functions can be accomplished with clicks and double clicks in any gui based editor.
>>
>2010+10-3
>no proper ui for vim
Typical GNU fags
>>
>>61015113
Visual editors are a passing fad. Try ed.
>>
>>61015748
Probably nostalgia fags that still uses CRT monitors and text-based OS. A bunch of faggots
>>
>>61015777
t. atom user
>>
>>61015777
>Using your eye, wrist, arm, and finger
Vs
>Using your fingers

Also czek
>>
>>61015748
I seriously doubt that, but even if true, you still have to use the mouse, which means leaving the keyboard, which means wasting time with unnecessary hand movement. Vim is proven to be much more efficient for typing than any other editor. What most people forget, though, is that if you're getting actual work done, you're probably not spending 100% of your time just typing as fast as you can, which kind of diminishes the impact of much more efficient text editing.
>>
>>61015814
>too fat to move my arms
>can't ctrl + arrow keys
>>
>>61015748
I like to write with two hands and I don't have 3 of them
>>
>>61015748
Excuse me? Hotkeys are infinitely more efficient than using a mouse for these kinds of tasks. The only downside (if it can even be called that) is that you have to familiarize yourself with them before you can make full use of them, but I refuse to accept that we live in a world where having to actually learn how to do shit is unironically considered a downside.
>>
>>61015764
underrated
>>
>install monokai theme
>set font to droid sans mono
>tweak that vimrc a bit
G O A T
O
A
T
>>
>>61015800
what's wrong with atom
>>
>>61016046
it's not ed
>>
>>61015764

help
?
?
?
quit
?
exit
?
bye
?
hello?
?
^C
?
^C
?
^D
?
>>
>>61016233
eat flaming death
?

also ^D exits ed just fine.
>>
>>61015113
>1991+26
>using a gui for vim
>>
>>61016682
>vim is 26 years old
oh my god, back in the day, a 5 year old program was considered very old
>>
>>61016827
the latest version is less then a year old.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.