[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ArchLinux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2506.png (19KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2506.png
19KB, 700x700px
I'm installing Arch Linux, but techically I'm a n00b. Any suggestions /g?
>>
>>61010063
install gentoo
>>
>>61010063
It's not for you.
>>
>>61010063
install gentoo
>>
Learn how to read.
>>
stop being a noob.
>>
>>61010063
Just keep an eye on the wiki.

Don't try to achieve anything too fancy first time, for example just install plasma-desktop as DE.

I can keep an eye on this thread if you run into issues mid-install.
>>
>>61010185
This
>>
>>61010063
just use "arch anywhere" iso file

https://arch-anywhere.org/
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 700x700px
>>
>>61010185
Thank you very much. I have been reading a lot of the wiki, and I used kali Linux a bit before in Portable VBox and Raspbian on the Pi, but this is my first time installing on my laptop, and my first use of a not n00b OS.
>>
>>61010063

why do people even respond to these threads
>>
>>61010063
Install debian testing instead
>>
>>61010063
revenge installer. Thank me later
>>
>>61010063
Just follow the wiki. Installing is dirt simple. Arch is hard is a meme /g/ likes to spread in reality Arch is easy to use and is very stable. It's just that everything has to be done via cli since no can be assed to make a gui for every configuration file that exists.
>>
>>61012457
>stable

LMFAO
>>
>>61012634
Been running Arch for years with weekly system upgrades and not once has it broken.
>>
>>61012634
Archlinux shipts with packages directly from UPSTREAM.
>>
>>61012764
Do you use any programs outside of internet/media player/text editor?

Because I mess around with DAW stuff and Arch breaks stuff every 3-4 months
>>
>>61012764
It's only here that Arch is perfect and totally flawless. A simple visit to the Arch user fourm always clears this up for me.
>>
>>61012843
A simple visit to ANY distro forums shows users who dont know what they are doing posting errors.
>>
>>61012871
Quit flattering your fragile ego.
>>
>>61012885
Quit spouting utter nonsense
>>
>>61012843
This. Half the arch threads on here are complaining about shit breaking

Great distro guys
>>
>>61010320
this
>>
>>61012913
I see alot of posts about APT beaking and putting users in DEP HELL.More so then arch posting about pacman
>>
>>61012895
What are some of Arch's flaws?
>>
>>61012963
Fast, stable and up to date.
>>
>>61012943
It's alot easier to make a franken-debin system. But seriously, fuck anything to do with .deb
>>
>>61010063
install antergos
>>
>>61012634
I reluctantly hosed an Arch install the other day that was almost 5 years old. I wanted the SSD it was on for something else but it was a tough decision. Arch really is stable for the most part, there's a few items that you need to fix now and then. VmWare is probably the most annoying thing to deal with in my experience, and the problem is with the software, not Arch.
>>
>>61012963
Every once in a while, some update will require manual intervention. They're posted in the news section of archlinux.org. I probably had about 2 or 3 instances of that. I used arch for 2 or 3 years.

btw. pacman DOES NOT overwrite .conf files if they've been editted.
>see pacnew page in the wiki
So the guy that keeps posting that his mom had to cancel his meetings because pacman broke xorg.conf again should just append a # to it.
>>
>>61013100
I am about to do that, need the ssd for an x220, but idk if I should...
>>
install antergos, use it for a whihle, then install arch
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.