[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VRAM Detection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gpu.gif (36KB, 529x607px) Image search: [Google]
gpu.gif
36KB, 529x607px
I recently got a new (open box) laptop that was supposed to come with a Radeon R7 M340 GPU with 2GB of GDDR3 (that together with the APU make a Radeon R8 M445DX Dual Graphics set up), but testing it out, several programs only detected 1GB or RAM? Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with the laptop?
>>
You're a bit of a fucking idiot, it says so right there under memory size.

Perhaps you were looking at gpu clock
>>
>>61008525
1GB of ordinary ram maybe?

the apu graphics might reserve a chunk of normal ram for itself, sounds funny to have two graphics cards in a lappy
>>
File: gpu2.gif (36KB, 529x607px) Image search: [Google]
gpu2.gif
36KB, 529x607px
>>61008654

That's the problem, GPU-Z is detecting 2 GB but in, for example in GTA 5, it detects only 1 GB, this is dedicated GPU, its 2GB of RAM is not shared with the laptop which is why this is so weird

>>61008665
Like I said before, the R7 340 is supposed to have 2GB of RAM itself, the APU/motherboard itself is DDR4 anyway.
>>
>>61008944
In that case, i apologies, I didn't understand the problem correctly, there are but two reasons i can think of.
>Old card
>Old game

That's what i experienced with my laptop with Nvidia card in it which also was 2GB
>>
Problem with apu/ dual graphics is the apu is always the primary gpu, so it limits any gpu paired with it. In other words, your apu is cucking your gpu
>>
>>61009572

Well GTA5 is a pretty old game now but I've never had this problem with desktop cards?

>>61009604

Well as you can see the APU is 512MB of DDR4, should I disable dual graphics and see if I get the 2GB from my R7 M340 or would that be pointless?
>>
>>61009688
In that case I think the game doesn't recognize the card, I'm nothing a technical gangster so I can't help further.

Install a mod that removes the limit of how much you can tinker with the settings in gta 5/4 if you'd like.
>>
>>61009688
Disabling dual graphic will leave you running on the apu only. Basically, you got cucked by the "muh 2 graphics cards" meme.
>>
>>61009760

Ok I'll dig around for something like that, the game has been out for so long that I'm sure there's something out there

>>61009817

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! DESU I'm still kicking myself for not waiting for Ryzen but I needed a laptop ASAP
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.