[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HSF pool, second try

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled2.png (3MB, 2160x4083px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
3MB, 2160x4083px
Thank you to all those who suggested HSFs in the last thread. I have read a lot of reviews, and this is my current list.

Your suggestions, comments, and criticisms are welcome.
>>
>>61003999
your retarded, stop posting
>>
>>61004008
Thanks for the free bump. Much appreciated, my dear friend!
>>
Your feedback would be helpful! Especially if I made any mistakes.
>>
Ok. I guess either the list is perfect, or I am retarded.

I am off to do some shopping, and will check this thread when I back online. Please do not hesitate to give feedback, even if it is trivial.
>>
File: 1488974559857.jpg (40KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488974559857.jpg
40KB, 650x600px
>>61003999
You can't really lob the 250W TDP coolers in the same category as the 140W TDP coolers
>>
before i even start reading i am telling you the font is too small.
>>
>>61004392
>>61003999
okay now that i'm done reading

Gammaxx and Fuma need to be noted to be hard to get in burgerland (without paying more than you should), but are better than anything else in the bracket if you can get them without be price-gouged.
Arctic Freezer i32 should just be removed entirely given its restrictions and being more expensive than the competitors. Same with the Cryorig M9i and for the same reason ($20 vs $24 for 212)
Not convinced that the MasterAir Pro4 is enough of an improvement on the 212 to be in a different bracket.
Everything else looks okay. You might want to add a note on the heavy ones that it would be wise to have a horizontal mobo.
Maybe just put the 212 as a baseline (taking stock/tried and true/etc) and move on from there.
Oh and fix the fucking font. I didn't know your trip referred to your eyesight.
>>
I'll bump for you falcon :)
>>
>>61003999
for the d 15 I still recommend that you tell people if they don't have a x4 or m.2 in between the first full pcie slot they likely can't use it with few exceptions. It just makes the decision of going with it that much easier.

I would also consider a category in between the big boys and watersports as there are fantastic air coolers that beat out dual fan aio's and there are shitty aios.
>>
>>61003999
nice list, thx
>>
>>61003999
Change Freezer i32 to Freezer 33. Mention its semi-passive nature.

I can't speak of anything else with experience.
>>
>>61003999
Nice list. And, trips.

I recently upgraded from a Silverstone TD-03 Lite POS to a Corsair H110. Beautiful temp drop. The Silverstone was a lesson.
>>
closed water loops are a bad meme

anyone who buys one deserves to have it leak
once and never again will I
>>
>>61004531
>Gammaxx and Fuma need to be noted to be hard to get in burgerland (without paying more than you should), but are better than anything else in the bracket if you can get them without be price-gouged.
Noted. Updating the desc.

>Arctic Freezer i32 should just be removed entirely
I will think about it.

Thanks!

>>61004637
Thank you.

>>61004898
>I still recommend that you tell people if they don't have a x4 or m.2 in between the first full pcie slot they likely can't use it
Noted.

>there are fantastic air coolers that beat out dual fan aio's
Any examples?
>>
>>61005436
>Freezer 33
That might be a bit too new. Not seeing enough reviews for it. But thanks for mentioning it! I will pay attention whenever I see reviews for it.
>>
Hyper 212 should be in the same tier as the m9i, as they're comparable in performance and price.

You've also worded it quite misleadingly, the ones in "modest gainz" are easily suitable for mid-tier builds (even with light overclocking), most people don't need extreme cooling solutions, only those who heavily overclock.
>>
>>61007284
>You've also worded it quite misleadingly, the ones in "modest gainz" are easily suitable for mid-tier builds
They will be in mid-tier builds in the guide, the wording here is just for this thread. Thanks!
>>
File: Untitled.png (3MB, 2160x4083px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 2160x4083px
This is what the pool looks like now.

If you have any good coolers that you would like me to check out, please let me know! If you think this list is good, then it is good because people made good suggestions. Without YOUR help, this list would be trash!
>>
File: Untitled.png (110KB, 327x519px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
110KB, 327x519px
>>61004898
Oh, and all the big coolers have this warning now.
>>
>>61003999
>not including the scythe kotetsu
>>
>>61003999
dont recommend any 120mm aios?
>>
>>61007579
PH-TC12DX?
>>
>>61007668
A few were suggested (the standard H80i recommendations), but they are:
-more expensive than the "big boys"
-on par in terms of performance, or actually worse

>>61007625
That is a bit old, no? Is it EOL?
>>
>>61007625
Apparently not EOL. Checking reviews. Thanks!
>>
>>61007732
pretty sure it's about five years old now

>>61007776
i have one it keeps my 6700k under 60 degrees. it's really quiet too.
>>
>>61007813
All good reviews so far. Adding it to the pool.

>>61007713
Looking into it, but I need to lose 25MMR in a Dota 2 match first.
>>
>>61007713
Not as well reviewed as the rest of the items in that price range.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.