[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sansa e260 screen swap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: DSCN3046.jpg (4MB, 3560x3208px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3046.jpg
4MB, 3560x3208px
So you guys talk about how great Rockbox players are and one of my friends has one and loves it, and I came into possession of one Sansa E260 with a broken screen, so I thought I would replace the screen and try out Rockbox.

I was given three old ones that were bad in other ways but two had good screens, I looked up guides on taking the screen out and there is literally only one that google knows about. The last step in the guide says to "peel" the screen connector ribbon off the main board.

This kills the screen. The screens cannot be swapped via "peeling" them off. They can't even be put back on the original boards they came from. So I've got one good one left, if I can swap it to the good Sansa I can have a working Rockbox rig.

So, what the heck it the actual method of removing and reconnecting these ribbon cables here?
>>
>>60998517
Bump for help.
>>
looks like you need to desolder the old one and solder the new one
>>
>>60999013
The pins seem very easily destroyed though.
>>
>>60999055
then don't do it
It's likely your only choice though.
>>
>>60999076
If that's actually true then boy do I wish I wish I knew this before hand.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.